Remasters review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Feb 21, 1992
Led Zeppelin: Remasters

Perhaps the best known Led Zep album and to me personally the most influencial. This incredible EP contains 3 masterworks of 1 of the all time great bands. Tracks "Rock 'N' Roll," "Black Dog" and ofcourse the incredible "Stairway To Heaven" contain punchy riffs and epic solos from Jimmy Page, as well as the full vocal range from Robert Plant. This was a great band at a gripping point of their carear.

The lyrics on most of the songs are incredible, one listen to Stairway To Heaven will prove the Page/Plant combination was in full swing by this time. Though some of the songs could have done with a bit more thought to the meanings, e.g. Four Sticks you are never quite shure about the pint of it. But then again this is balenced against tracks like Rock 'N' Roll which are in their own right amazing songs. Also the re-mastering keeps the personality of the tracks and the classic almost live recorded Led Zep sound.

For me this is one of the best Led Zep albums ever. It contains in my opinion the best rock ballad ever written in "Stairway To Heaven." The best songs I have named already in "Black Dog," "Rock 'N' Roll" and Stairway. the thing I really love about this is the chemistry of Page and Plant for me that is something lacking in so many bands at the moment, the lyrics and the guitars compliment each other perfectly, and as will all of Page's work the solos are incredible. I think this is a must own album for any Led Zep fan and for anyone who likes real music.