The Best Of Led Zeppelin, Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 review by Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin: The Best Of Led Zeppelin, Vol. 1 & Vol. 2

This is a great album! Early stuff like "Whole Lotta Love", "Communication Breakdown", "Black Dog", and of course "Stairway To Heaven" are classics. They are great hard rock songs with a touch of blues thrown on on some songs. "Immigrant Song" is a legendary Led Zeppelin song. It is only two and a half minutes long (short by Zep's standards) but is incredibly catchy. "When The Leevee Breaks" has awesome drumming. On Latter Days, things slow down, but not very much. "Houses of the Holy" and "Trampled Underfoot" show the groups funkier side. "Achilles Last Stand" is probably the best late Led Zeppelin song. It is ten minutes long but has a great amount of energy put into it. I still think it could've ended about a minute or two earlier, but who cares anyway? "Kashmir" is a very experimental song. It sounds very Arabian. This is probably one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs. The band's sound differs from song to song. This album is great.

The lyrics are good. Some, like "Whole Lotta Love", are pretty blatant and uncreative. "Stairway To Heaven" is greatly written. It is probably one of the best-written Zep songs ever. Robert Plant's voice goes great with the music. Still, I give it a five out of five.

The best songs are "Communication Breakdown", "Whole Lotta Love", "When The Levee Breaks", "Immigrant Song", "Stairway To Heaven", "Houses Of The Holy", "Kashmir", and "Achilles Last Stand". Led Zeppelin was a great band, and this album shows them at their best. If it were stolen, I'd buy it again.

sampz
    Love this album.Page and Plant are legends. The best songs i think are on early days but on later days Achilles Last Stand is great. I think they should have put Moby Dick on it. My fav songs are Good times/Bad times, Dazed And Confused and Black Dog. GO LED ZEP!
    Jimmy_Page99
    Great Album. Not a single song i dont like or dont think should be on the led zeppelin greatest hits cd. I dont like how everyone says that led zeppelin was just Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, With out John Paul Jones or John Bonham, Led zeppelin couldnt be the greatest band ever. I think those two deserve much more credit then they're recieving.