The Best Of Led Zeppelin, Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 review by Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin: The Best Of Led Zeppelin, Vol. 1 & Vol. 2

Well, what can I say about this band, I listened to the Early Days album once and they automatically became my favorite band ever. Just by listening to the album you can see that Led Zeppelin made rock music what it is today. Basically there's a bit of Led Zeppelin in every rocker. It takes you through the Led Zeppelin journey from Led Zeppelin I to the death of John Bonham. The thing that hits you in the face on the album is that Jimmy Page was a riff master. He demonstrates this in Communication Breakdown, Whole Lotta Love and Black Dog. Page also shows his immense arranging skill and tasty solo work in the greatest song of all time, 'Stairway to Heaven' which is undoubtedly the hi light of the album. In fact, the whole band is like a dream team line. Jimmy Page, lead guitar, as I have just described is simply a legend; Robert Plant, lead vocals, has a unique voice and a mammoth vocal range while he seems like a real poet or word smith as he showcases in the glorious 'Stairway to Heaven'; John Bonham is the best Rock 'n' Roll drummer of all time, he is like a machine; and finally the highly underrated John Paul Jones on the bass who gives the band an edge with has simple but effective bass line like in Dazed and Confused and Immigrant Song.

As I have said Robert Plant is a great vocalist is he is not afraid to express himself. He reels you into every song with his high charged emotion. His lyrics and vocal work in 'Stairway to Heaven' will make you cry! Every song has ingenious lyrics put into them. It's like Edgar Alan Poe meets rock music.

If all the songs go on for about 10 minutes you'd think you'd get bored of them but no, it is the stuff of legends. Everything Led Zeppelin touch they turn to gold; every second of every song is infectiously memorable. Arguably the greatest compilation of all time, buy it now!

Daniel Pearce
    Keith Moon RIP wrote: yeah...this album kicks ass! they should have put The Lemon Song on there though
    I know. - I sure do want this now - i neva knew there was a greatest hits album!
    Doodleface
    orange_juice wrote: I think this album sucks monkey balls. There are so many amazing Led Zeppelin songs that are not on the album. wheres Ramble on? Celebration Day? The Rain Song? Carouselambra???
    word to that. which is why, I never bought this album.. I decided to be a true Zeppelin fan and buy every one of there other albums
    SlashIsGod091
    I just bought this today, and I couldn't be happier! I've already listened to both albums the whole way through! Well worth the $16 I paid for it. Although I do plan to purchase all of Zeppelin's albums eventually, this is a great start!
    AU79 XY
    555666 wrote: what the hell is british metal?
    Punks who think they are Metal