The Song Remains The Same review by Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same

It's Led Zeppelin. I think it's safe to say if you are interested in this album, you know what the mighty Zep is all about. I am reviewing the new remastered version. Let me start by saying the sound is enhanced 150%. I have never heard a remaster improve an album so much. The performances are all top notch, and you get alotta Zeppelin standards, that get a serious live makeover. If you have any doubt that Zeppelin was a live force, this should put those aside. Jimmy Page is on fire, and his performance really pops out with the remastering. John Paul Jones is solid as a rock as always. Bonzo shines, especially on The Song Remains the Same, and Robert Plant puts on the performance of a lifetime. You also get several songs not featured on the original soundtrack. Over the Hills and Far Away, The Ocean, Since I've Been Loving You, Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop, and Heartbreaker, all of which are as good as the rest.

I personally love the lyrics. Alotta people knock them b/c a lot of them are nonsense, but are they really? Was J.R.R. Tolkien viewed as nonsensical. I think Robert Plant is more creative with his lyrics than alotta people that are viewed as amazing lyricists. That being said, you can't always get a personal connection to the songs.

Led Zeppelin is, quite simply, the greatest band to ever walk the face of the earth. Their song craftsmanship has never been matched. They could do Floyd as good as Floyd, write better hooks than the Beatles, and, as this album proves, jam better than the Dead and Allman's. This is Zep at the height of the powers. The pomp and majesty is all here. From Rock and Roll to Whole Lotta there are so many moments of musical perfection you can't select just one song that stands out. They are all amazing. If it was stolen, I would be happy for the person that stole it, knowing how they would either come to enjoy it or sell it for something they would enjoy, then I would replace it.

MetalGear1786
    Page/Rhoads wrote: Matt Montoya is a faggot. He obviously has no respect for Zeppelin or true music. You think live Dazed and Confused is boring?! There are 5 possibilities here. 1. You suck 2. You have no talent and therefore can't appreciate talent 3. You suck 4. You aren't a true Zeppelin or music fan 5. You really suck It's my favorite album. Ever.
    And your a racist *****. Who has no respect for other people. If the guy things its boring then what of it? Do us a favor, or me at least. 1. Buy two new copies of this cd. 2. Take one and swallow is sideways. 3. Take the other copy and plant hehe plant..it up your ass. Same goes to everybody else who is telling people what their opnion should be able anything. I love zep, the stairway solo sucked on this. Dazed and confused was pure insanity! I think they had their shining moments, and they had some now so good ones. Good cd by the way, I have the shirt.
    Freebird79
    Well whoever thinks Moby Dick is a 'boring long drum solo' is ****ed in the head, and not a true Zeppelin fan.
    VHfan98
    love this album! dazed and confused kicks butt. only thing is plant's vocals on TSRTS(song) aren't really as good as they are on the other songs. other than that...10/10!!!
    SGofawesome
    Dirtydeeds468 wrote: Glen'sHeroicAct wrote: dirtydeeds just needs to listen to some real music instead of melting his mind with repettitive acdc songs, and appreciate the music not for whether it makes him get that warm little feeling inside, but for how much talent it actually takes to produce this calibre of music. im leaving now so dirtydeeds feel free to bash me constantly after this with no comebacks to stop you. Uhhh...Excuse me? I believe that I'll listen to whatever the **** I want to listen to. Don't you dare tell me what to appreciate, I recognize talent when I see it. And believe me, this album is crap compared to other Zeppelin albums. I would also rather you not insult my intellect, as your poor grammar doesn't exactly elevate you to a higher status than myself.
    1. It's not even a Zeppelin "Album". It's a live compilation, you can't compare live to studio. 2. As much as I agree with you that the album isn't outstanding...****ing calm down please. Some twat's comment on the internet shouldn't offend you this much.