The Song Remains The Same [DVD] review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Dec 21, 1999
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same [DVD]

Led Zeppelin have always been my favourite band but since I saw this I have a whole new respect for them. After you watch this you'll realize how good Jimmy Page really is, especially on the 25 minute Dazed And Confused where he plays with a violin bow, it's crazy. Robert Plant was pretty good but I think he could of sang a bit better. John Bonham's drum solo in Moby Dick is very impressive. And John Paul Jones plays the bass and keyboard very solidly. The begining is very wierd.

Content — 10
It's a live concert in 1973 at Madison Square Garden, it was later released in 1976. There is some acting in it in between and during songs aswell (really wierd and cool stuff, makes it alot better).

Production Quality — 10
I think the quality and sound Is very good for 1973. The only problem is on Rock And Roll you can't here the guitar as much as you should, but the rest is good. The camera affects are cool too.

Overall this is a very good DVD, every Zep fan should have it. If you don't get it now you can't afford not to have it. It's pretty amzing if you think about it, Led Zeppelin where only around for 4 years when this concert took place and they already had that many amazing songs, plus alot more that arn't on this. Led Zeppelin truly are the best band of all time!