The Song Remains The Same [DVD] review by Led Zeppelin

• Released: Dec 21, 1999
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 8
Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same [DVD]

Hey I rented the Song remains the same on Thurday and I thought it was amazing. It had a few flaws and was boring at a few parts but overall I'd give it an 8 out of 10. In the DVD, there were some shots of John Paul Jones, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, and John Bonham with their families in England. Actually for Page they didn't show him with his family, They showed him listening to music by a river.

Content — 8
The song remains the same is a live concert DVD. The content would be PG. There was strong language at a few parts. The songs include The rain song, Stairway to heaven, Rock and roll, Black dog and more! They also did a thing after Moby dick where they had Bonham do an amazing drum solo and Jimmy Page Played guitar with a bow. They didn't have enough John Paul Jones though.

Production Quality — 8
Production technology was excellent. Amazing graphics and visual effects. They had a few pyro effects at the end. The production quality was trendy. It was easy to tell it was edited because the quality was clear. Also sound was nice. If you like good visual effects then go out and buy or rent "The Song Remains The Same."

No it doesnt't compare to other albums or artists. The most impressive performance on this was the performance of Stairway to Heaven. I hated how some songs were over extended and didn't have a good rhythm. Yes, I would buy it again. I really reccomend this DVD to all Led Zeppelin fans.