Deadline review by Leftover Crack And Citizen Fish

• Released: Mar 6, 2007
  • Users' score: 9 (1 vote)
Leftover Crack And Citizen Fish: Deadline

This is a split CD with Citizen Fish on the first half, and Leftover Crack on the second half. The album is very very good. I'm glad to hear that we still have true punk music that is still coming up. A very very nice recording, it's quite different from classical punk, and a very big step from F--k World Trade by Leftover Crack. The first half is Citizen Fish, and they seem to be more of a ska punk band. Being ska, it has to be very nicely recorded, and trust me, it is.

The lyrics are your typical punk lyrics. Raging against racism, goverenment, and just plain smoking weed. The lyrics are put together quite well. Very nice rhyme scheme, not just your average ABAB. The singing of Dick (Citizen Fish) is a very nice punk voice. But, it brings up the thought of old school English punk. That's not necessarily a bad thing. The singing of Stizzle (L.o.C.) is pretty much the same as it was on F--k World Trade. Not as heavy as it used to be, but it is still a very fitting voice.

Citizen Fish. 01. Working On The Inside - a very very nice opener for a very very nice album. Extremely catchy sing-out-loud song. 02. Money - I love this song. It's fucking great. A very catchy chorus. It even has a little bass-breakdown, which is quite rare in punk now-a-days. 03. Meltdown - great song. Nuff said. 04. Getting Used To It - Quite a heavier song than the others by Citizen Fish. It's very nice. 05. Back To Square One - love it. Very very nice guitar riffs. 06. Join The Dots - one of my favorites on the album. It's three minutes of greatness. Another little bass solo, a very nice one. 07. Clear Channel (F--k Off!) - a pretty mediocre song until one minute in. Then it gets great! Leftover Crack. 08. L.O.C. Intro (B.D.C.) - nice intro to L.o.C. 09. Baby-Punchers - one of my favorite songs on the album. Awesome punk song. Very good lyrics, and kick ass guitar. 10. Genocide Tendencies - not a bad song. Pretty long. 11. ...And Out Comes The N-bomb! - a pretty fucking cool song. The most rebellion song on the CD. 12. Life Causes Cancer - a very very catchy song. And very true. 13. World War 4 - sweet song. A nice vocal song. Very catchy again. One of my favorites. 14. Supermarket Song - brilliant. 15. Reason For Existence - this song kicks ass thirty second in. It's a great punk song. Definitely one of my favorites. All in all this album kicks ass! A combination of two great punk bands, on one great album. A must buy for the L.o.C. fan, as well as for the Citizen Fish fan. With this album you definitely get your moneys' worth. This will be in my stereo for a long time to come.

neidnarb11890
    I wasn't impressed with Leftover Crack's work on this split. Citizen Fish was awesome, although I wasn't too impressed with their cover of "Clear Channel."
    YourMessiah666
    K!!LsWiTcH wrote: stop saying very very nice or nice or very nice its very very annoying
    If you find it annoying, who gives a ****? I cant go in and edit it so too bad.
    YourMessiah666
    In the album book it says stizzle. I thought people would get on my back for going against the book, not the other way around.