Greatest Hits Review

9.3
 6.5
review (1) 9 comments vote for this album:
Greatest Hits Reviewed by: FlamingQuilava, on july 22, 2009

Sound: Lenny Kravitz uses a plain electric guitar in most, if not all of his songs, sometimes accompanied with other instruments. He doesn't use a backup singer, which I find very interesting. He has his own version of "American Woman" and "It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over". I guarantee that this sound will just take you away. I've heard many Greatest Hits CDs, but I don't think anything compares to this. I can't wait to find another one of his albums! // 10

Lyrics: In my opinion, Lenny Kravitz is a superb singer, and that the lyrics he uses are a message to the world. For example, in "Are You Gonna Go My Way", he talks about being "the chosen one" and asks why people kill each other one by one. Another good example of lyrics in this song would be, "I don't know why we always cry, this we must leave and get undone, we must engage and rearrange, and turn this planet back to one". This part of "Are You Gonna Go My Way" means that Kravitz is not satisfied with the world today, and that there is much sorrow because of the way the world has become. As the "chosen one", he says that he wants to turn the planet back to the way it was before, with no bad influences, violence, etc. // 9

Overall Impression: I find this rock CD very impressive. All of his tracks are superb, and rock singers like him don't come very easily. I have found that most singers that make singles don't sound as good with loud instruments, but Kravitz found a way to make his singing skill stand out. Some people today might not realize the value of vocals in a band, but it's what keeps one alive. // 9

Comments