Blue Me review by Leslie West

• Released: May 23, 2006
Leslie West: Blue Me

Those who lust for raw (almost bloody) blues rawk will surely know Leslie West (ex-Mountain). This album is his latest effort and he sticks with his two successful formulas: balls out blues rock in the mold of Gary Moore and strictly covers. There are no new songs on this record. But really who cares? Covering is natural in the blues genre. Every song has new aspects and even long time bluesrs will have their fun with this traditional album.

Lyrical Leslie of course stays with the traditional blues lyrics. What's really impressive is his strong voice. He might not be the best singer but his rusty vocals and deep growls are surely an earcatcher ("I've got to leave you baby 'cause you know you've done me wrong").

Well the record is not as good as the similar "From The Cradle" by Eric Clapton (which is one of Slowhand's greatest efforts) but everyone who likes his blues dirty will have loads of fun with this cool record. Plus, Leslie's guitar playing s awesome-his violining skills are phenomenal. I especially like the opener "Blues Befor Sunrise". But while most songs are great some covers cannot reach up to older versions(like "I'm Tore Down").