Less Than Famous [EP] Review

4.9
 9.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Less Than Famous [EP] Reviewed by: teddytheturtle, on july 16, 2008

Sound: First impression still stands after a few hundred or so listens: dude, this is music? It can't be, my ears feel way too happy. Why is this band not signed? They sound like a unique mix of indie rock, hardcore, and melodic metal, maybe a cross between Paramore and Alexisonfire, definitely something different. Perfect blend of lead and rhythm guitars, which is hard to find in most bands today. One of the hardest-hitting rock bands I've heard lately, and I can only imagine how good they are live. // 10

Lyrics: I can't say the lyrics are perfect, but I can't say they need improvement, I don't even think I can say they can use some improvement. I think the lyrics are fine the way they are; not perfect, but fine. I wouldn't suggest any changes. The lyrics and vocal melodies fit seamlessly with the music. The singer has some serious skill, and the screams blend nicely with the lead vocals. I love it; it's just not perfect. // 9

Overall Impression: Buy this EP. Now. It will seriously improve your life. Judging from their EP, it would be very difficult for me to be much more impressed by any other indie artist, especially one that is literally less than famous. I say this from both a music industry and fan perspective. My favourite song is "Laid Upon Thin Glass," but I can't find anything I don't like about the EP, except that it's way too short. A little under 14 minutes of what I think can be reasonably considered some of the coolest indie hard rock downloadable from CD Baby. If anything happened to my MP3s, I'd buy it again immediately. // 10

Comments