In With The Out Crowd review by Less Than Jake

• Released: May 23, 2006
Less Than Jake: In With The Out Crowd

This tme around, Less Than Jake's sound is much different to what would of been suspected, but it shouldn't put you off this album because of that. Even though horns are only used on 6 out of the 12 songs on the album, each song delivers it's own personal story regardless of this. Songs like "A Still Life Franchise", "Overrated", and "Let Her Go" are up beat, rhythm songs that are catchy making you sing along at every moment, whilst maintaining a softer side with songs like "Rest Of My Life", "Hopless Case", and 'a Roger song': "P.S. Shock The World. Overall, it's nice to hear something different from what was expected.

The album has certainly steered away from the normal playful, and sometimes funny lyrics from Less Than Jake. This time around, the boys seem more serious with the way the have made each song, yet still has it's funny side with songs like "Overrated," "I think sex is overrated, so is always getting wasted. Deisgner drugs and dead end jobs and classic rock is so out-dated" seem to be more saphisticated, but to-the-point kind of lyrics.

This has to be there second best album, right behind 'Anthem'. This has to be album of the year. The bestest songs on the album are "A Still Life Franchise", "Overrated", and probably the best song on the album is "The Rest Of My Life", but each song are as agood as each other. Less Than Jake have changed there sound abit, and have succeeded. If it were stolen, I would buy it again, including the bonus CD with a lot of extras like videos, mp3s, and photogrpahs.

Pezcore
    I'm a big less than jake fan as you might guess from the screen name. when they first put a few songs on their myspace page, "Overrated", "The Rest Of My Life", "A Still Life Franchise" & the other constantly changing from the remix of "Bridge and Tunnel Authority", "Negative Sides Of Optimistic Eyes" and "Only Human" i thought, "Wow. more new stuff from my favourite band" but like most other people i noticed there wasnt really enough ska to it which was a bit of a disappointment, but none the less i do like this album, even if it isn't as cool as "Hello Rockview" or "Losing Streak"
    n00barmy
    This album is so different but I really enjoyed it. It's too bad LTJ has pretty much disowned the album and doesn't play anything from it live anymore. The Rest Of My Life has a completely different feel to it live than on the CD. On the CD it sounds like regret, but live it sounds like a celebration. I wish I got to hear them play A Still Life Franchise.