Losing Streak review by Less Than Jake

• Released: Nov 12, 1996
Less Than Jake: Losing Streak

The sound is sort of raw, but if your a ska fan then thats a good thing. It does have better recording quality from their earlier releases. It has as many horns as you could ask for, and enjoy it because they have started to lose the horns on every CD after this. Almost all ska with a little bit of pop punk mixed. The raw sound does take a little while to get used to if your used to listening to high quality radio songs. Any long time Less Than Jake fan, ska fan, or punk fan will love this.

Not exactly the most creative, but funny and flowing in times. You can tell on a few tracks they didnt try all that hard, like on "Krazy Glue" they repeat the words "tradition seems to stick" for about a minute strait. And "Johnny Quest Thinks Were Sellouts" sends a cool message, but lacks any creativity. Almost every other song the words mostly rhyme, and are explicit, flowing, and fun. The hidden track on the intro (rewinding at the first track) is one of the funniest joke tracks I've ever heard. Overall the lyrics are decent. Some tracks are almost just random rhyming phrases with no meaning, but if you want meaningful lyrics go buy a backstreet boys cd right?

Overall it is one of the best ska albums of the '90s and '00s. Great CD if you wanna be in a good mood. I think it about barely beats Reel Big Fish's "Why Do They Rock So Hard" which is also one of my favorite ska albums ever. I love how it never whines, just fun the whole way through. Standout tracks are 9th And Pine, Sugar In Your Gas Tank, Never Going Back, Hows My Driving Doug Hastings, Dopeman, and Rock And Roll Pizzariea. Better than all these new Cds that claim to be ska that are powerchords with horns in the background. This is almost all ska chords, and horns dominate the sound. It's fast, raw, and explicit - it's ska.