Level review by Level

• Released: Jan 1, 2003
  • Users' score: 8 (1 vote)
Level: Level

Wow, simply, wow. Wow for the time that this album was released and wasn't a commercial success like other bands of the genre. Wow because have much melodies than other nu metal album. Wow because is LeVel.

WOW.

LeVel are an underground nu metal, rap rock band formed in 2002, I don't know if they separated because I haven't found any information, but they've released one only album, in 2003.

There's a problem because LeVel didn't became a successful band. They were so talented for being nu metal and for being in the mainstream.

The only album they've released is without a doubt one of the most exciting and entertaining albums of the entire Alternative Metal and one of the magnum opus of nu metal. It's a hidden treasure that many people didn't found and I became to serve you. LeVel is a mix between Adema (and LeVel throw the shit out of this band, VERY better than them) and hip-hop music, with a little bit of Hip Hop.

Many songs of LeVel could been put into the radio, the first 4 songs are simply amazing, but the entire album is a million times better, there are much melodies and the production for being a underground metal album is very amazing, there are fantastic catchy chorus in all songs, but more stronger in songs like "Down," "Disaster Proof" and "Living Inside of Me" principally that you're gonna replay it over and over again.

It's an addictive album and if you're a fan of Nu and you didn't listened this album, what are you waiting for? DO IT, listen to this album. DO IT!

There's a difference between Bobby Reeves and many other singers of nu metal. He can sing.

Bobby is an amazing singer that you're gonna love it, it's the most talented member of the band, his raps are simply fantastic and catchy, and in the time of make fantastic and catchy chorus in all the songs, his vocal melodies blows out your mind. It's a shame that he gonna left the band and join Adema, he didn't fit on that band.

But If I wanna choose the best vocal moment of the album, I choose the final track, the cover of "Wandering Star" by Portishead. Oh my fucking god... He eated my tongue. Amazing singer.

Allthough the band is like the other rap/nu/alternative metal mainstream bands, they have something that makes the difference, they have a potential talent that characterizes them and unites the brutal force that this album presents.

If you're gonna love the nu, you're gonna fall in love with this album, even if you're not afficionated to the Nu, maybe you gonna get this album too. I'm surprised to find a nu metal band like this, not every time exist a band like them. Hopefully LeVel gonna join to the game of Nu Metal again (this year was amazing for the genre) and make it more stronger. They are so amazing, and so entertaining. I'll recommend you this album to everyone.

My favourite songs of the album are the first four, "Living Inside of Me," "Disaster Proof," "Supa Hero" and "Unstable." But my favourite of all them, are the cover of "Wandering Star" by Portishead.

Maybe you don't believe me, but... this cover is FUCKING BETTER that the original song! "Dummy" by Portishead is one of the best albums of all time, my favourite while I don't listen to metal, and "Wandering Star" is a very dark song. But LeVel made it so fucking Better, the musical melodies are more darker, the voice of Bobby gave me goosebumps, and the chorus is much very catchier than the original song. They respected everything and carefully make LeVel a more creative band and SHIT, They're amazing doing Trip Hop too hehe.

This is very surprising for me, because I always hated the nu metal covers by many bands like "Thieves" (originally by Ministry) of Limp Bizkit. But I'm so surprised by LeVel, by a nu metal band, because they made it a historically amazing song better, and simple. No more words, you have to check out that song principally!

These are my words, excellent album, very recommendable.

YouTube preview picture