Avalanche Of Worms Review

9.8
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Avalanche Of Worms Reviewed by: xelerate, on april 07, 2011

Sound: Devastating. Progressive. Innovative. These are words that come to mind when I listen to this album. Emil Werstler and Eyal Levi of Daath have put together a collection of twelve blistering tracks that push past the limits set by other instrumental records. Levi's compositional prowess and Werstler's virtuoso playing mesh perfectly. This album is heavy, soft, and musical at the same time. If Danny Elfman (composer "Edward Scissorhands", "Sleepy Hollow", "Nightmare Before Christmas", etc.) wrote a metal record, this would be it. It's hard to describe the sound otherwise... it's unlike anything that I've heard. // 10

Lyrics: Well I can't submit this review without writing something here. This album is instrumental and frankly a vocalist would probably just get in the way. Although there are no words, the music definitely evokes feelings that could typically be expressed by lyricists. Giving the section a 10/10 even though there aren't any lyrics... no rating really fits. // 10

Overall Impression: It's hard to compare this album to others. I really think it stands apart from most instrumental albums. This record is best experienced from cover to cover, but some of my favorite songs are: "Dura Mater", "Trellis of Thorns", and "Casting the Molten Sea". A definite must have for shredding guitarist; Emil's playing is not to be missed. Fans of progressive metal will probably enjoy this record as well. // 10

Comments