Waking Giants review by Life in Your Way

• Released: Mar 6, 2007
Life in Your Way: Waking Giants

If you have never heard of life in your way, and are in to Christian hardcore, here you go. Life in your way is one of the most creative, different sounding bands I have ever heard. You really cannot describe a genre for these guys, simply because of how they mix so many different styles of music together. At times they will have heavy riffs or broken chords, but at other times have pretty music. It truly is an amazing album and I would reccomend it to anybody.

Amazing. Josh Kellam, the lead singer truly is an amazing lyricist. At times when you're listening you think to yourself "this makes no sense" but when you read the lyrics they really are amazing and fit the style of music perfectly. Some of the greatest parts are when they totally change a song on you and go from a hardcore part to a singing part then back. In the song "Salty Grave" there is even a break where he recites a hymn from the bible, and is followed by one of the greatest parts on that whole album.

Amazing vocals, and amazing guitarists really set off this album. A great balance between hardcore parts and pretty melodic parts make the songs listenable and loveable by anyone. I mean up untill I saw these guys in concert I was all into death metal/grindcore, but after seeing them and hearing their music it changed me, changed my whole outlook on life, changed my guitar playing style, and changed myy music choice greatly. If you have never heard of these guys please check them out. One of the best cd's I have ever bought

Co&Ca11
    to be honest i didn't really like this when i bought it, but it has really grown on me, shame these guys broke up
    SG5533
    ^They didn't break up?!.....They lost both of their guitarists but they're (from what I heard) writing/recording a new album right now.
    Co&Ca11
    SG5533: I could have sworn they broke up and I'm pretty sure they played a farewell show two summers ago and they had a one-off reunion show sometime last year. I hope you're right though.