Lifehouse review by Lifehouse

• Released: Mar 28, 2005
Lifehouse: Lifehouse

The guitar is a little different. The sound is a little different. The touch is a little different and what this all means? It's a little better then the previous 2 albums from Lifehouse. Where they lost some of their popularity with not having a hit since 2001's "Hanging By A Moment" they have faded. The sound is back and a little more focused on touch rather then a cool riff. The acoustic guitar is the prime sound you hear on this album. It is a great thing to hear on a album that really pulls it together with mainly just vocals and a acoustic guitar and a simple drum beat. Most of the songs are slower and drip with the beat going on. The songs sound some what the same on a few. Mostly the songs are different enough not to notice and the album is almost like a journal or something. Jason Wade and the boys hit the right mark with the consistent and crystal sound of their 3rd self-titled album Lifehouse.

Lyrically Jason Wade, who writes the large majority of the songs by himself does it again, this is his best lyrical album of the 3 that Lifehouse has. The lyrics are very deep and shallow too at times, either way they work, and at that same time they are great. Heartfelt and a lot of emotion is what is left on this album. From the climbing hit "You And Me," "Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do/Nothing to lose/And it's you and me and all of the people/And I don't know why/I can't keep my eyes off of you" sings the chorus. The song is simple but gets the point and it nicely done. Then probably a single to be seen later on, and surely a hit is "Into The Sun." This is clearly the standout track on the album and I don't see why it couldn't get radio play with the great and impersonal lyrics. The lyrics are very good, but not overrated. Just right.

A great album overall I must say. I really enjoy the album. It is easy listening. It is mainly a balanced album with all tracks being average except for a couple. the standout tracks are "Walking Away," "You And Me," and "Into The Sun." I love the melodies on this album. It isn't a landmark album but it knows its place and its place is right where you feel things when your alone.