Who We Are review by Lifehouse

• Released: Jun 19, 2007
Lifehouse: Who We Are

It's a little hard for a fan of rough, raw music to rate an album with music that is widely considered as "mainstream". But I'll try anyway. The sound of Lifehouse has been changing through the past years. As a fan, you will understand what I talk about when I say NNF and SCF have been different from the last 2, although on WWA, the guys have gotten a little bit backwards to me, as it sounds more to compare to NNF as to anything else (just without the harps and violins, and stuff) the band made. It's honest rock, it's inquisitive slow sounds, it's emotional ballads. A good mixture to an even better record.

Jason Wade has been my favorite singer, and one of my favorite songwriters for a long time now. His work is honest, very personal though, and he has a great ability to show his feelings, expressing them in distinctive music. The lyrics still drive, or they still have emotional power to secure the listeners attention. The musical arrangement with the lyrics is not always brilliant, but decent in what the songs give once they are complete.

What's surprising is that even though Lifehouse has been making changes all along the way, the band has not lost it's charisma or independence. Although, as said, they could not resist going mainstream in past years, they still managed to roll along with their unmistakable tunes. It could have been better, but Lifehouse made the best of a business to keep their share of the cake, as well as making the fans proud to be a Lifehouser once again (or, did they?)