Who We Are review by Lifehouse

• Released: Jun 19, 2007
Lifehouse: Who We Are

One word can be used to sum up the sound of this album: mellow. It's not as mellow as their previous, self-titled release, but Who We Are is still a voyage across a very calm sea. That said, songs like Disarray and The Joke] still bring with them a good amount of energy, the latter of which sounds like it should be played at some bar mitzfa or Greek wedding or something like that. The first half of the album is more energetic and it tends to mellow out after The Joke, ending with a soft, piano-driven Learn You Inside Out and a mostly-a capella Storm. For you fans of the clean guitar, this album is for you as Jason Wade uses it as the basis for his sound on the bulk of the album. The acoustic guitar makes an appearance on Broken, which is a beautiful, prayerful song.

I think Jason Wade has one of the best voices in music today, with the ability to stretch from a soothing whisper to a raucous shout. His voice matches the music perfectly. I also think Jason Wade has written some of the best lyrics I've ever heard from him here, namely on Broken and the title track, Who We Are. The album deals mostly with getting through trials and tribulations, with the ultimate goal being that hopefully though all of it, we will learn a little about ourselves when it's all said and done. Other great lyrics can be found on Easier to Be, which has a bit of a bluesy feel and an "ooh-and-ahh" backing vocal on the chorus.

I think it is Lifehouse's best album to date, and in my opinion, the best album to come out so far in 2007. Favorite songs are Disarray, Broken, Easier to Be, and the soul-rending Storm. If it were stolen, I would track down the thief and compliment him on his excellent taste, then go buy another copy.

Invisible Girl
    i love lifehouse!! they have awesome lyrics, and an awesome sound! this is a really good album. good job guys!
    inclyned_wade19
    very nice album as always..tnx for the music lifehouse..pls visit manila it will be really a dream come true
    Jvchee
    i never really ever was a lifehouse fan i mean i've always liked their song and all but this album just turn me into a fan xD
    djk55
    Something-Cool4 wrote: life house sucks, Get a real job u ****in bitchy bastards!
    Wow why do u hav to be such a jerk? U must be on marijuana.