Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water review by Limp Bizkit

• Released: Oct 17, 2000
Limp Bizkit: Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water

The sound of their third record "Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water" is really great in my opinion, they do a really good musically job. The music is maybe a little bit too catchy than on the last two records but still creative good work. Wes Borland, Sam Rivers and John Otto are really talented musicians and they own their instruments. Dj Lethal plays on this record just a small role.

I think Fred Durst does his worst work on this record. I mean songs like "Hot Dog" or "Rollin'" are crap but on the otherside songs like "The One," "It'll Be Ok," "Boiler" and "Hold On" are really good in my opinion. Fred plays on this record too much a poser and I don't like that mainstream shit, that's the reason why I rated the lyrics between "2,5/3" and not worst because in my opinon every singer has his own point of view/ideas behind his lyrics.

It's the most mainstream work which Limp Bizkit have ever done but still a great instrumental work. The lyrics are the worst on the most songs of this record but there a still some songs which are great. That's the reason why I rated it just with a "3,5/4".