Gold Cobra review by Limp Bizkit

• Released: Jun 24, 2011
Limp Bizkit: Gold Cobra

This is Limp Bizkit's new album, "Gold Cobra". It was released on June 28, 2011. It was the 5 year return of Limp Bizkit. I love Limp Bizkit. I've been with them since "Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$"; that album was really good, even though it was raw. "Significant Other", nothing different, it was as good. "Chocolate Starfish And The Hotdog Flavored Water", it was good even though it was kinda pop genre. Then Wes Borland left the band. Limp Bizkit then released "Results May Vary". It had a couple good songs but wasn't a standout without Wes. This album, It ups their sound, guitar wise. The guitar work on this album is just amazing. Guitar work such as "Gold Cobra", "Shark Attack", "Shotgun", "Autotunage", and "Killer In You" had the best guitar riffs.

On this album, Fred's vocals are just the worst distraction. The lyrics are just terrible and careless. Fred Durst just writes about how we has picked on when he was only a kid. On the song, "Douche Bag", this is his answer as said in the chorus to the song "Douche Bag": "Douche Bag, I'ma f--k you up F--k you, f--k you, f--k you up." That's evidence that Fred Durst was always getting picked on when he was only just a kid.

"Gold Cobra", this is a very welcome time back. I heard it the day it came out. "Gold Cobra" is one of my favorite albums out there. I'd say "Gold Cobra" would have a sound from "Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$" and "Significant Other". I liked the songs "Gold Cobra", "Shark Attack", "Shotgun", "Loser", "Autotunage", "Why Try", and "Killer In You". Likes: it's a return to Limp Bizkit, the guitar work. Dislikes: Fred's vocals (worst distraction on this record), and needs more songs.

DoubleBassCrash
    mguitarb wrote: but there's also another one where he explains every new feature of a seven string ibanez with piezo pickups and whammy bar. this one is really good and informal. and he's not high
    Yep, he's playing an RG7 CST in that video, a Highly sought after Ibanez , wish I was the guy that bought it from him when he quit playing his Ibanez guitars. The RG7 CSTs hold their value, big time! I've been trying to find one for a few years now with the original pickups & a body that's in good shape for at least 3k, but the ones I've found are missing original pups & are being sold for 3.5k - 5k... or have had the hell beat out of them (literally) & being sold for 3.5k... I can stand some dents & chips here and there, but straight up abuse. I've seen one looked like an iron was smacked against the front of the body all around the edges, looked pretty cool, actually, but at the 3k+ range, I'll pass, mad devalue in my opinion, wouldn't touch it unless he wanted to let it go for 1.5k.