Results May Vary review by Limp Bizkit

• Released: Sep 23, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Limp Bizkit: Results May Vary

Firstly, I would like to say that Limpbizkit's new album, Results may vary(RMV), hasn't made an impression. LB has used, or rather, experimented with slow tunes, which has completely changed their reputation as 'top rockers'. I personally feel, with the impression LB had first got, Wes Borland was better in most ways than Mike Smith. I remember Wes had composed the 'Take a look around' M.I.2 song. Mike hasn't composed many songs in this album, and i have noticed on their website, that he isn't even there in many pics. I'd say he should be given equal oppurtunity. Songs like 'Underneath the gun', 'Build a bridge' and even the cover song, 'behind blue eyes' aren't enough for LB to stay on top music charts. With albums that shook the ground in the past years, RMV is particularly not up to the mark. But just for the name, 'Eat you alive' and 'Head for the barricade' show that they can still rock. I hope that the coming albums would be much more heavy and could level 'Break stuff', 'Pollution' or 'Hot dog' type songs.

Lyrics in RMV are particularly not 'rap', but they are 'sung'. These lyrics are good in the sense for people who need to relax, but most of them dont hit us, in the younger generation. Fred Durst hasn't done what he did earlier. But one thing is good, that the lyrics and songs match very well, and the tunes are more acoustic,than distorted. Also, earlier I used to think Fred could only go hard, but he has proved he is one of the most versatile singers in the industry, and he can easily be compared to James Hetfield (Metallica) and Serj Tankian (System of a down). In their upcoming album, I hope Fred would balance both 'Rap', and 'singing to the tunes'.

Overall, I think(After comparing it to older albums), this album is not that up to the mark. I was pretty much used to the 'hard' LB, not the new kind.Impressive songs were there in the album, but they were pretty much for the older generation,not us. Some songs were 'Creamer' and 'Lonely world', which match 're-arranged' and 'it'll be ok'. But after all, I do not love anything in the album, but then,neither do i hate. I'd rather get something else if my album was stolen,because there is probably nothing for me in RMV. RMV has disappointed me and many others in my area, and maybe 40% of us wouldn't get the next LB anymore.