Results May Vary Review

7.4
 7.5
 1,444
Results May Vary Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 25, 2003

Sound: Well defining the "sound" of limpbizkit is kind of hard considering it varies between the two main styles of their music(rock/rap). The sound is much like their previous albums. I think Fred did a good job adding artists such as Snoop Dogg and Jay-Z to spice things up a little. And people who consider Fred's style as "White Trash" and all that junk seriously needs some help. If you consider hardrock/rap white trash you will not like this album. Overall: Good beats, Good songs, Catchy. // 8

Lyrics: I'm impressed but yet at the same time im disapointed. Some of the songs have good lyrics that are in depth and are meaningful and others have no point at all... and mean nothing. Fred has talent when it comes to singing. No matter what hes singing. Overall: Fred's lyrics range from meaningful to not so meaningful. // 8

Overall Impression: This album in my opinion is better than the previous. The new guitarist is awesome :) My favorite songs off this album are probably. "Down Another Day", "Behind Blue Eyes", "Gimme The Mic" I love the new songs. But I kinda dislike some of the rap fred has done. If I lost my bizkit cd i'd purchase it again of course. it is well worth the 10-15$$ for it. Its musical content is very worth checking out. Even if you are a huge limpbizkit fan or you despise of them. Limpbizkit kicks bum. // 8

Results May Vary Reviewed by: benchiefjr, on september 25, 2003

Sound: I like this cd better than any other limp bizkit cds, mainly because they don't try to gangster rap on it like they used to, which made the old cds extremely annoying. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are really good this time, Fred doesn't do his really bad sounding rap voice or really bad rap lyrics anymore, which made me like it even more. // 8

Overall Impression: This is by far the best Limp Bizkit album ever, I liked the fact that it wasn't rap very much, it also was alot different then i thought it'd be too. Overall, this was a great cd. // 10

Results May Vary Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 20, 2003

Sound: This album has more rock than rap. If you are looking for this CD to have a lot of rap...don't buy it. The only pure rap song is red-light green-light which features snoop dogg. The sound in the intros of some songs go soft and gradually pick up. There are a lot of background sounds that create icings for the songs. It takes a while to adjust, so don't just throw the CD away if you weren't that interested in this album. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics in this album are for people who are deppressed, pissed, or wanting ot show off their skills as MCs. The lyrics and the music fit perfectly. They correspond with eachother. Fred Durst may not be the best rapper, but he can definetly portray the rock genre and translate it to rap // 6

Overall Impression: Of course this CD is more of a rock CD than in the past. My personal favorites are build a bridge, man in the middle, radio is dead, and behind blue eyes. I dont love or hate this CD, I just listen to it when I am on a long trip because some of the songs will soothe you. I would recommend to borrow it from someone, borrow it for at least a long time because this is love it or ignore it album. If you are a fan of rock and a fan of limp bizkit, you should buy this. // 8

Results May Vary Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 09, 2003

Sound: Well this according to me is one of Limp Bizkit's best album just because of the new sound they have created. The sound of this new album starts of from the very heavy "Eat you alive" to go on to the last "drown" where in between we see a lot of difference in sound. The only hip hop\rap song in the album is Redlight - Green light featuring Snoop Dog which also is brilliant. They shifted through all gears in this album. They specially have a great sound in build a bridge, down another day, almost over and the list goes on. Practically this album is very apt and very soothing. This album in the point of view as a rock album is really one that everybody should go for. // 10

Lyrics: Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst is really great with his lyrics as he explores the things that any depressed mind does.he touches all the parts of his life in the song "almost over". The song lonely world has some great lyrics even though a lot of people would not understand the depth in the meaning and just say that it is crap, but it has some really deep meanings. The lyrics for all the songs have been thought well and wriitenn well accompanying the great sound that this album provides. Fred is really cool when it comes to singing as he has gained more maturity as a singer in this album. Fred has sung "Build a bridge" brilliantly just as he has sung all the other songs. // 10

Overall Impression: Well for any Limp Bizkit fan this is a dream come true, especially if you're a rock guy u'lll love it for the variety it provides. The most impressive songs are Build a bridge, Almost over, Down another day, Head for the barricade, Lonely world, Behind blue eyes, Eat you alive, Drown, Red light green light, etc... I love everything about this album because it is heavy and it is hard and has a lot of meaning in what it shows about itself. I have already bought 3 copies of the album just to be sure it isn't stolen. It is worth every penny put into the album. The only other thing I would like to share about this album is that if anybody who is reading this review still hasn't bought he album ---go get the album dudes--it rocks. // 10

Results May Vary Reviewed by: lb_guitarist12, on february 16, 2004

Sound: The sound was excellent and I liked the way they had some songs use heavy distortion whle otehrs were more relaxed and nice acoustic. The sound was definitely great and Mike is a great guitarist. // 10

Lyrics: I think the lyrics were perfect because they described Fred's life. They tried sumthing new with the lyrics because they were more meaningful instead of them sort of rapping or talking and bragging. Fred did a good job of changin his way of singing for this album. The lyrics were great. // 10

Overall Impression: This album was not one of ther bests but it was stil good. I enjoyed it alot and I think the best song is "Almost Over". I would buy this CD if it was stolen or lost. // 8

Results May Vary Reviewed by: Night_Soul, on april 01, 2004

Sound: Well, I admit it. Limp Bizkit's RMV was a surprise for me... No more hip-hop rock shit, just hard riffs and nice solos... Good thing Fred decided to make a full hip-hop track and don't mix it thru the rest of the album! 85% Rock! // 8

Lyrics: Well, Fred lyrics are no big deal! However, they fit just fine on LB's kind oh music... And for the last time... Don't say that LB's "Behind Blue Eyes" is one of the greatest songs they have ever written! IT's NOT THEIR SONG, OK? It's just a (very good) cover from The Who. // 6

Overall Impression: Too bad Wes Borlan left but I think he did the right thing... Ex-Snot Mike Smith made a good work, and prooved to be a great rocker! He plays really great! Very good riffs and solos, although a litlle bit repeative... // 8

Results May Vary Reviewed by: lb_guitarist12, on may 24, 2004

Sound: I really enjoyed the actual sound of the album. I mean less disc scraching and more guitaring which is always good. Drumming had some great beats and the bass in sum of the songs coouldn't have been better. I also liked freds rapping a lot but also his singing is great. The new come mike smith has done a real good job in taking wes's place. // 10

Lyrics: Fred did a great job with this album. The lyrics were great, and made sense. His rapping was ejoyable and his singing was excellant. There's really nothing left to say but Fred did a good job. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this is the best Limp Bizkit album and I really liked Almost Over and Creamer. I don't really hate anything about the album I just really like the fact that he sang more then rapped. I would totally replace this album if it was stolen or lost. People should definitely buy this CD. // 10

Results May Vary Reviewed by: jonesmethod, on september 19, 2003

Sound: The band couldn't have picked a better title for this record, as they have really switched gears with their latest effort. Bizkit have really gone away from the rap-metal formula that shot them to rock stardom. "Results May Vary" is purely a rock record. I recall that only about two songs explore Bizkit's classic hardcore style. The guitar work has more of a grungy sound comparable to Korn's. It also seems more riff orientated than the power-chord-drop-d-style of the now departed Wes Borland. Even if you don't like the band you can't downplay that some of them have talent, especially the rhythm section of Sam Rivers, and John Otto. Rivers plays more of a melodic bass than a rhythm bass, now used in virtually every rock record. And as always, John Otto is more than solid on the drums. Also, believe it or not, Bizkit pulls out an acoustic, yes an acoustic guitar for a couple songs and not just for "Behind Blue Eyes". As for DJ Lethal, he barely makes a peep on the album. Also featured on the album are Snoop Dogg, and apparently Jay-Z. Bottom line Bizkit fans, if you were hoping for another adrenaline filled rap-metal record, look elsewhere. // 8

Lyrics: What can you say about Durst's lyrics? They are white trash rap lyrics, with the odd song on the reflection of the singer's self or a past relationship. Compliance of the lyrics? These are as straight forward as lyrics get, 'nuff said. Does Fred Durst have talent? Well that's for you to decide but he can alter his voice quite a bit. From his high-voiced punk ass rap, to his voice where he tries to sing, but can't quite muscle it out, to his full out rant, you can't deny that the guy has quite the tonality range. // 6

Overall Impression: Compared to other Bizkit albums, this is the most unique. It explores mostly a rock rock sound with the occasional classic Bizkit style. Personal favourites on the album are: "Gimme The Mic", "Down Another Day", and "Almost Over". Although I don't know how well this album will do, with the dying popularity of the band, I like the fact that they were bold enough to take another direction with their music. I don't like how Durst features Snoop, and Jay-Z on the record. Come on, you're white trash trying to rap. Is the album worth buying: If you're a die-hard Bizkit fan, yeah buy it. It's a solid effort. And if you are looking for a solid rock record, I would recommend picking it up. With the dying popularity of the band, this could be their last album, as Fred Durst did say himself: "this music will not be cool to listen to in ten years." // 8

Results May Vary Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 26, 2003

Sound: The record starts well with "Eat You Alive". "Gimme the Mic" has some alright guitar, but is not that good. From there on the only good songs are "Almost Over", "Head For The Barricade", "Phenomenon" and "Creamer". Fred can sing well, Mike Smith is not Wes Borland but can play guitar well, Sam Rivers and John Otto are awesome. I don't mind rap, but I hate rap music. I like Fred rapping like he does in Pollution, Nookie, and other songs, but in Getcha Groove On, Red Light Green Light, quiet songs, I don't like it. This isn't a bad album, but I'm glad I didn't buy it instead of burn it, it's nothing special. The only really good song that the Bizkit have released lately is "Just Drop Dead". Unless you are really a die-hard limpbizkit fan who has sworn to purchase every album that the band is releases, I'd burn it off a friend. If you really want value for your money, get Three Dollar Bills, Significant Other, or Korn's Take A Look In The Mirror. The sound is a good one for most bands, but for limp bizkit, I'd say average. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are alright. Not as good as previous recordings but still quite good. I guess they do go well with the music, but nothing too special here either. // 8

Overall Impression: To be honest, I am disappointed. I myself am a big limpbizkit fan, but I much like their earlier stuff. I'd like to see their new album alot more like Three Dollar Bills, or Significant Other. // 6

Results May Vary Reviewed by: cannonball_900, on december 29, 2003

Sound: Firstly, I would like to say that Limpbizkit's new album, Results may vary(RMV), hasn't made an impression. LB has used, or rather, experimented with slow tunes, which has completely changed their reputation as 'top rockers'. I personally feel, with the impression LB had first got, Wes Borland was better in most ways than Mike Smith. I remember Wes had composed the 'Take a look around' M.I.2 song. Mike hasn't composed many songs in this album, and i have noticed on their website, that he isn't even there in many pics. I'd say he should be given equal oppurtunity. Songs like 'Underneath the gun', 'Build a bridge' and even the cover song, 'behind blue eyes' aren't enough for LB to stay on top music charts. With albums that shook the ground in the past years, RMV is particularly not up to the mark. But just for the name, 'Eat you alive' and 'Head for the barricade' show that they can still rock. I hope that the coming albums would be much more heavy and could level 'Break stuff', 'Pollution' or 'Hot dog' type songs. // 4

Lyrics: Lyrics in RMV are particularly not 'rap', but they are 'sung'. These lyrics are good in the sense for people who need to relax, but most of them dont hit us, in the younger generation. Fred Durst hasn't done what he did earlier. But one thing is good, that the lyrics and songs match very well, and the tunes are more acoustic,than distorted. Also, earlier I used to think Fred could only go hard, but he has proved he is one of the most versatile singers in the industry, and he can easily be compared to James Hetfield (Metallica) and Serj Tankian (System of a down). In their upcoming album, I hope Fred would balance both 'Rap', and 'singing to the tunes'. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall, I think(After comparing it to older albums), this album is not that up to the mark. I was pretty much used to the 'hard' LB, not the new kind.Impressive songs were there in the album, but they were pretty much for the older generation,not us. Some songs were 'Creamer' and 'Lonely world', which match 're-arranged' and 'it'll be ok'. But after all, I do not love anything in the album, but then,neither do i hate. I'd rather get something else if my album was stolen,because there is probably nothing for me in RMV. RMV has disappointed me and many others in my area, and maybe 40% of us wouldn't get the next LB anymore. // 4

Results May Vary Reviewed by: Einzigerfan03, on june 18, 2004

Sound: Soundwise It's not like any of there other records. I must say that they have mellowed out. But you can definitely tell that a certain guitarist is missing. Overall it's just okay best although this is probably there best album when it comes to variety. // 6

Lyrics: Wow Freddy D has grown alot. I actually like the lryic's of Build A Bridge, Almost Over. Wow and they're actually sung more instead of rapped. Although the rap element is still there with a certian track that drags the album down even more with a guest rapper. // 6

Overall Impression: Wow this album is better then I thought it would be but it isn't as tight as there older stuff. It seems like Fred saw the light a little too late after Wes left. I mean I do miss the guitar work of Wes but overall this album is okay. // 4

Results May Vary Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 12, 2005

Sound: This is not Limp Bizkit. Three albums of kicking our ass and little bit of mellow in between was their previous formula and they decided to change it for Behind Blue Eyes? Each song is definitely different from each other but when compared to the other albums it is just no good. Too many songs about girls instead of the guy who sang "I did it all for the Nookie!" Wes Borland is sorely missed. His guitar style is unique and not like anyone else out there. When they lost him, they lost their edge. Now they sound like new Staind (most old Staind is better than new). // 4

Lyrics: As much as I thrash this album, Fred Durst puts his previously unknown vocal ability on display. The rap part of Limp is pretty much gone, save for a few forgettable songs (Creamer being the only exception). Like I said earlier, too many songs about girls and growing up instead of kicking our ass. This is the band who wrote Break Stuff? // 4

Overall Impression: This is easily the worst of their four albums. They've turned into this type of hard rock for people who like Linkin Park. Linkin Park fans think they rock hard but you don't see them at Mudvayne, Metallica, or Slipknot concerts or listening to their albums. If I had to pick a song on this album it would be either Underneath The Gun or Creamer. Limp mellow every now and then is good but not 3/4 of the album. The guitar work has gradually gotten worse sense the first album too. They began to add the pop sound so many bands adapt to get a single on the Top 40 stations. If you like rock and I mean serious rock or are any kind of Limp Bizkit fan, you will not buy this album or heaven forbid replace it if anyone would ever steal it (they won't). There is a reason their first three albums are multi-platinum and this one barely went gold. The edge is gone, Wes is gone, Mike is here, Fred talks too much about his feelings, and the rest of the band just goes along with it. Kick Mike out, bring Wes back, Fred needs listen to Break Stuff and Pollution a few thousand times and the rest of the band needs to wake up. // 2

Comments