Significant Other review by Limp Bizkit

• Released: Mar 20, 2000
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Limp Bizkit: Significant Other

Limp Bizkit, 1999 is coming back to me now. Well, first of all, as far as sound goes, they sound good. I think Limp Bizkit is a dreamteam of musicians (besides Fred Durst). I mean Wes Borland is an excellent guitar player, you got DJ Lethal, John Otto, etc. They play the hell out of their instruments. I I believe Fred Durst made and destroyed their career, but, hey, everybody has different opinions.

Lyrically they suck, Fred Durst is probably one of the worst songrwriters I ever seen. He can sing nor write a serious song. The only song that I thought had good lyrics was "Re-Arranged", one of the better songs on Significant Other. Even in the song "No Sex" Fred Durst tried to be serious and came up with the lyrics: "Should have left my pants on this time, but instead you had to let me dive right in." I just wish he could hear how bad his ryhmes are. He sounds like a rock music Vanilla Ice.

Besides Fred Durst lacking any talent, I actually for some reason like this album. I'm a huge Wes Borland fan and I think some of his best guitar work is on Significant Other. I wouldn't buy this album unless if I was a true Limp Bizkit fan. This is their best work, and if you hear any of their other albums, you will want to kill yourself. My favorite song on this album is "Re-Arranged" for the simple reason Fred Durst made a song with a serious tone, but "Break Stuff" is a good song too. So if your interested, check it out.

nicksword87
    "everyone else doesn't do anything for the album either." I think someone hasn't even listened to the album. Sam Rivers on re-arranged is awesome. coolest bass riff ever. and john otto's drum solo on nobody like you is so brilliant. and just like this with the wicked drum beat. come on man.
    a drummer
    exactly dude, john's a badass drummer, along with sam, and of course wes, Bizkit's great if you can stand fred, who i personally like his sound
    hawkdude9
    3 dollar bill and significant other are the best everything else sucks. i wish i didnt buy the greatest hitz cuz it kinda sucks...
    Tomozaurus
    This album is pretty good. As a whole they aren't too crash hot though. The Chocolate Starfish album was particularly terrible. This album and the first are okay though.