The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) review by Limp Bizkit

• Released: May 3, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Limp Bizkit: The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1)

I didn't really know what to expect from Limp Bizkit this time around, so I picked up their new album The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1). Wes is back, and it shows in the music. You can definately sense Wes' presence, because I don't know anyone else who sounds like him by the way he plays and the effects he uses. Drums are good, as always, by John Otto, who in my opinion is a good solid drummer. Sammy is an awesome bassist, but I didn't find many good basslines like LB usually creates. The best bassline you will find on this album is the one in The Truth. You hear influnces by Rage Against The Machine, and a little bit of NIN I would say. Production is good (which was recorded in Prague), but the music itself is very open to interpretation.

Most of the lyrics make a lot of sense and are down to earth. They pretty much go straight to the point. You won't find any singing on this album, and the closest your going to get to that is the last song titled The Surrender, which in my opinion was refreshing after listening to he first six songs.

After hearing the first single "The Truth", I expected TUTP1 to sound more like that, if not better. Turns out, The Truth is one of the best songs on the album, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, there are pretty cool riffs throughout, but it just doesn't cut it. The most impressive songs are The Surrender, The Truth, and The Channel. If this were stolen, I would not buy it again. In my opinion, their last CD (RMV) was better.