The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) review by Limp Bizkit

• Released: May 3, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Limp Bizkit: The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1)

This UnQuestionable Truth album is a not a dissapointment in the sense of where Bizkit was trying to go with their sound, except for one little problem: Rage Against The Machine already did it. Everything from the way Fred pronounces words in his vocals to the funk driven bass lines to wes guitar (only real jewel on the album) reminds you of an mediocre RATM. There is little creativity shown on the seven tracks but if I had to choose a fav. I would say The Truth amd The Priest. The music just sounds so forced and so not vintage Limp Bizkit even from the first LP.

Fred makes little sense lyrically throughout the album and on the tracks where you can understand the message it seems as if hes whining about things that could easily be looked at as: so what. Such as Dimebag dying or his own declining fame. Stealing RATM's sound you would think that he would talk about something socially relative but pretty much fails to do so.

This album is not the Limp Bizkit that people have grown to love (or hate) but regardless I don't think that they should have switched their whole sound up to be accepted once again. The album sounds so fake/forced and unnatural. The best cuts are The Truth and The Priest and the instrumentation is the only thing that could keep this in my player for more than a minute. I would never buy it again and in fact when I bought it about a week later I sold it.