The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) review by Limp Bizkit

• Released: May 3, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Limp Bizkit: The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1)

I'm a huge fan of Limp Bizkit's old stuff. I know people hate them, but what I see is an incredibly talented drummer Otto, great basslines from Sam and awesome work from Wes Borland! Unfortunately this album seems to highlight the worst aspect of the band. You guessed it! Fred Durst has hit rock bottom with this effort! The band also seems to have traded its originality for a Rage Against The Machine style of song. The sound seems quite bare and dark. The whole hip-hop hybrid thing they've been doing is gone. Barring 'The Truth' the album is un-Bizkit-like and quite average.

I think for the next album they should lose Durst instead of Wes! As far as the lyrics go, these are their worst yet. They're trying to jump on the political bandwagon with Incubus & Co, but please Fred, leave that to Zack de la Rocha, huh? Fred Durst ranting about politics like he's fought this fight his whole life really cannot be taken seriously. He's better off writing about good ol' teenage angst, ex-girlfriends and dissing authority. Thats wht we want from you Fred, not you singing about stuff you know nothing about! I mean, dont expect me to believe that you know jack schitt about politics.

Overall, this is certainly their poorest effort yet. I'd rank this even below Results May Vary. The only song worth listening to is The Truth. I wish they had included their version of Sanitarium. That might have saved this album. For me the best thing about the band is John Otto. They really need to let him take over for the next album. If it were stolen/lost I would track the thief down and thank him and probably reward him with 500 gold ducats. Keep your money in your pockets for this one.