Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$ review by Limp Bizkit

• Released: Jul 1, 1997
Limp Bizkit: Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$

The first album of Limp Bizkit. This album has a very wide range of sounds actually, from 'Leech' with it's heavy and fast riffs, to 'Indigo Flow' with a very mysterious and oriental sounds. Limp Bizkit was formed out of respect for and with the cooperation of Korn, so it's allmost an outgrowth of Korn. But it still is original. DJ Lethal is already doing his thing too so the album also has an hip-hop sound.

Fred Durst really shows himself as a rapper here, some lyrics, like those of 'Pollution' are very comparable with the lyrics of a real gangsta rapper. But it doesn't sound the same, his raps are very often followed by shouts and screams of torment and even some real, sensitive singing. Besides his real rap lyrics, there are also some more meaningfull ones, such as in 'Nobody Likes Me'. Fred isn't really the greatest vocalist but he did a fine job.

This is their best album according to me, it is the real Limp Bizkit. It has a lot of variation in it and it really is very original. I wish they would've made more albums like this one, their last two albums weren't that great. I hope that the come-back of Wes Borland will inspirate Limp Bizkit to make a good 'back to the roots' album again, the way I like it.