Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$ review by Limp Bizkit

• Released: Jul 1, 1997
Limp Bizkit: Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$

"Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$" is the debut studio album by nu metal band, Limp Bizkit. The album was produced by Ross Robinson, a producer in which produced albums by KoRn. As I found out he produced this album, I thought "hmm, I wonder if it'll sound really raw like a KoRn album". Hearing the album, I thought it was a lot like a KoRn album. "Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$" had a lot of aggression. It had some passages where vocalist Fred Durst was screaming. This album is garbage but it's trashy and heavy and has a lot of aggression, some songs include, "Counterfeit", "Stuck", "Nobody Loves Me", "Stink Finger", "Indigo Flow" and "Leech". There's a cover of the George Michael song, "Faith", which I thought Limp Bizkit did a way better cover. It has some songs, in which I thought they had some great guitar. Songs such as "Counterfeit", "Stuck", "Nobody Loves Me", "Clunk", "Faith", "Stink Finger", "Indigo Flow", and "Leech".

Like most Limp Bizkit albums, "Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$" has lyrical content such as Fred Durst being picked on when he was only a kid, songs such as "Counterfeit", "Stuck", "Nobody Loves Me", "Stalemate", and "Stink Finger". "Three Dollar Bill, Y'All$" has some of the worst lyrics on the album. The vocals, almost the exact like the lyrics. As you hear this album, There's songs on this album in which the chorus has screaming and a lot of aggression.

Overall, this is a decent album. The final track on this album, "Everything", is a 16 minute jam session by the band, which I thought would be a heavy jam session. Hearing that song, I was kinda disappointed. It would have been better if the final track was taken off and had extra songs (like about 2-3 other songs) that would add up to 16 minutes or longer. My favorites off this album are: "Counterfeit", "Stuck", "Nobody Loves Me", "Stalemate", "Clunk", "Faith", "Stink Finger", "Indigo Flow", and "Leech". Sound: 8/10 Lyrics: 7/10 Overall Impression: 9/10 I got a score of on 24/30 this album: 24/30. That equals 80%. But on their next album, "Significant Other", I thought they improved and stepped it up in my opinion.

DoubleBassCrash
    I disagree with MetalheadXYZ's review on the subject of the song "Everything", for me it makes the album. I wish they kept making songs similar to the track "Everything" on their later records, it would have been interesting to see them progress with an album like the song "Everything" in its entirety, an album that is just one huge improvised jam.