A Thousand Suns review by Linkin Park

• Released: Sep 10, 2010
Linkin Park: A Thousand Suns

2 years ago when this album came out I remember I was so pissed off because I was hoping for an album like "Meteora", and it was a complete different music... I don't want to be a stupid LP fan who says all of LP works are awesome and kicka-s but "A Thousand Suns" is really a masterpiece. First of all to get into this album I recommend that you get a good headphone and listen to it at a night and you better be alone. And try to listen to it carefully. From the Epic beginning of the album to the slow, peaceful moments of "Messenger" you will sink in the atmospheric theme of the album. I don't know why I hated it. I wanted to write a track by track review and be more critical at the songs but I think it spoils the feelings of the album. The only bad thing about the sound is that sometimes it gets noisy.

Best Linkin Park lyrics ever. All of the songs have great lyrics but the problem is that despite that this is a concept album there are some songs that have nothing to do with nuclear bomb. Overall lyrics are much better than "Meteora" and "Hybrid Theory" or "M2M".

I love that each song from this album has a unique sound and impact of the album as whole. I would buy it again if it was stolen. My fav songs: "Burning In Skies" - "Catalyst" - "Messenger" - "Iridescent" - "Waiting For The End" (all of the songs are great). This is probably LP s best work (I never thought I would say this :D).

420Tool
    Linkin Park has been unlistenable for me since about their third album. The last 2 have been utterly terrible. How can guys just forget how to play their instruments and make this electric/dance/pop garbage? It's embarrassing to rock music to even call this stuff rock music. It's not alt rock, it's not hard rock. it's not metal, it's just commercial pop garbage and anyone who truly knows music can't deny that.
    Fender4Ever
    This album took a LONG time to grow on me..... but now that it has, I actually really enjoy it! Different, sure, but not bad