Hybrid Theory review by Linkin Park

• Released: Oct 24, 2000
Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory

The sound on this CD was f--ing great. I've been listening to these guys since they came out in 2000, and I still listen to it everyday. Brad (the guitarist) is my hero! He has a sound no one can match. They bled hark rock, hip hop, and electronica.

Chester's hard ass screaming and soothing singing mixed with Mike's harsh raping and harminizing vocals kicks ass! The great thing about the lyrics is I can relate to every song. And also the lyrics are about everything day things people think about but never say. Plus they arn't right up front with their lyrics, they have them subdued in the music which in my opion is the best way to write lyrics. They also don't curse at all in their music, which to me thats great because a lot of times new bands curse a lot to seem harcore so they don't have to spend the time to have talent and write real lyrics.

My favorite songs on there are "A Place For My Head" (I love the guitar part), "Papercut", "Crawling", "In The End", now that I think about it, all the songs are my favorite song, there isnt one bad song on here. If it wasn't for Linkin Park I wouldn't be into rock, wouldn't be playing guitar, and wouldn't be in a band. They are my favorite band of all time! The "LP" in my name stands for "Linkin Park". I know that's dorky but I don't care. If some one ever stole it I would find they, tie they to a fence, and disimboul them with a spoon!