Hybrid Theory review by Linkin Park

• Released: Oct 24, 2000
Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory

When I first heard One Step Closer back in 2000 I was like wow! I gotta get this. So I did. The first song I heard was Papercut, I never really liked rap, but I liked the intensive attitude of it along with the Guitars so I liked that one. With You was the next one, I didn't like the Dj, but I loved the little guitar riff you could really bob your head to that one, the emotion in the prechorus was great I loved that part, they could've done better on the chorus though other than that it was good. Points of Authority was pretty good it wasn't good as the other three. Crawling speaks for itself it won a grammy. Runaway was nice in the beginning, it kinda fell down at the end. By Myself not a nice song to listen to with other people but if your by yourself its good, I liked the intense scream Chester that does in there. In the End almost everyone likes it so that also speaks for itself. A Place For My Head, in my top three on this CD great song, very nice guitar riff just great. Forgotten, lyrically my favorite, great riff, and rythm. A Cure for the Itch, I hate the DJ. Pushing me Away nice end to a good CD, has that tennage angst in it, which I don't like so much but in this case I do.

I liked there lyrics cause they make sense in a way, Papercut, One Step Closer, With You, Points of Authority, Runaway, By Myself, In The End, APFMH, Forgotten, Pushing Me Away all have that element in them. I like the way Mike raps, its seems like he's telling a story everytime. I like forgotten cause you got to pay attention to get it, I was completely surprised when I figured it out. Chester shows he can sing in some parts and not just yell and vocalize, it was nice, Mike can rap, even if its not that bs on regular rap. Overall it was good.

The most impressive songs were Papercut, WIth You, In The End, Forgotten, and Pushing me Away. I liked the way Mike rapped it was telling you what he was talking about, I liked the lyrics. I hate the DJ. I wouldn't buy his one again cause I'd have it on my computer.