Hybrid Theory review by Linkin Park

• Released: Oct 24, 2000
Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory

The first (relesed) album of LP. One of my favorites. This is in more of the metal section (since Hybrid Theory EP was mostly hip-hop). But if you like rock/rap like I do, then it's perfect. Although they claim to have a bass player, you can never hear any bass on any song. And the guitar effects sound the same on every single track (let's face it, every LP song ever made) but you gotta admit. I'm going to break it down for you. 01. Papercut - exellent song with lyrics of paranoia. 02. One Step Closer - great for the metal fans. This is hardcore screaming/headbanging. 03. With You - great song. Although it needs to be polished a little. 04. Points Of Authority - I've found myself playing this on my guitar quite a bit to perfect my ability to rap while playing my guitar. I've also noticed on the unrelesed original version, Mike's chorus is a little bit different, if it's not "Forfiet the game before somebody else takes you outta the frame," it's the "Sex In The Park" version. 05. Crawling - note: don't be offended by what's here! This is a great song, although sometimes misinterpreted. Many people have told me that they've cut their wrists to this song, and they are like 14 and 15 year olds. Personally, that's your buisness if you do that, it's not healthy though. 06. Runaway - great song. Screaming and guitars. What more could you want? 07. By Myself - the lyrics are great. The gutiar screeching in the beginning really gets you headbanging, although I prefer the Reanimated version better. 08. In The End - what more can be said? It was a classic from the beginning. But if you only like LP because of this one song because you heard it on the radio or saw it on tv, then shame on you. 09. A Place For My Head - pretty good. Reanimation improved it. 10. Forgotten - awesome song. Using a different style of verse in the beginning is what makes that song so kickass. 11. Cure For The Itch - hip-hop for those who want it. Mr. Hahn did a great job, except it's kinda on the slowish side. 12. Pushing Me Away - great song. It's amazing at first how this song is so overlooked. Although it was picked up and made about 3 times better in the Reanimation process.

This is basically what you'll find: the collaboration of metal, hip-hop, grunge, punk. It was new and fresh. Mike's lyrics talk about real life and what some of us go through everyday and Chester's vocal range is phenomanal. Even when screaming his lungs out, he's still on key.

It's a little different than say, Limp Bizkit, or Staind. The better tracks make themselves obvious like "In The End," "Pushing Me Away," "Crawling" or "Forgotten" I own the album. And I would buy it again if it was stolen. LP is one of the greatest bands out there, so appreaciate good music when you hear it.

Samfisher21
    Linkin Park is the best band in the world in my opinion, and this album proves it. It has heavy songs for the classic head banger( One step closer, Place for my Head, Forgotten,By Myslef) aswell songs just to admire( Papercut,Points of Authority,Crawling,In the End,Pushing me Away).My favourite songs on the album would have to be 'Points of Authority'and 'Papercut'. A Great Album.
    hersheybar255
    Yeah wtf are you thinking. punk rock my ass dude punk rock is like green day blink 182, and Sum 41 not Slipknot and KoRn, Slipknot and KoRn are Metal.... I like all those bands I mentioned and KoRn Slipknot and Linkin Park too, LP was like the first band i liked, but you need to get your stuff straight before you start sayin stupid $HIT like that....
    jasonkan
    hahaha slipknot = punk rock maaaaannnnNNN its like saying simple plan are heavy metal. or saying simple plan is the best band in the world.
    toomeyboy
    to htf_lumpy Dude, Slipknot and Korn are NOTHING like punk bands, not even close.