Hybrid Theory review by Linkin Park

• Released: Oct 24, 2000
  • Reviewer's score: 3.7 Poor
Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory

While what they did wasn't new, they were good at what they did. The guitars, vocals, drumming, and other effects blended very well together to create a sound for that era. Linkin Park also has all the elements to be liked by everyone, metalesque guitar riffs, rap, and teenage angst. Ultimate pop band.

Sophmoric at best, and just whiny hormonal rants set to repetative guitar riffs at worst, LP has some of the worst lyrical work I've heard since the emo trend. Almost every song seems directed at an ex-girlfriend or a parent who did not give their kid a ride to the mall. While the lyrics do correspond to the angry sound of the music, they're about as deep as hairmetal.

I give Linkin Park credit for pulling so many genres together to create in theory the ultimate pop band, but besides that, it's relatively shallow music. I usually use it for ambiance when playing video games, but not much else. If the album were lost or stolen, I'd just consider another lost artifact from my middle school years.

White And Nerdy
    Mr.Glue
    Dude LP is the first band I listened to when I bought a cd and I F U C K I N ROCKED If u want punk rock then LP is the band u want to listen to :mROCK ON LP ROCK ON:m
    con job
    White And Nerdy wrote: Linkin Park are a very good band, This cd is amazing. Guitars are heavy. Bass isn't very noticeable. Drummer can hold a good beat... Would like to see a little more talent. It has some very awesome tracks like "Paper Cut, One Step Closer, Points of Authority etc" Very awesome CD.
    ye he bass aint very noticeable but if u listen out for it its amazinly original.most bands bas players just mimic the guitar riff but in almost every song the bass playin is really original. kick ass album.Place For My Head totally kicks ass
    rayq78
    This is the ultimate band. Alternative rock chorus, hiphop verses and electronica bridges. The combination was awesome. Mike raps very well, he is behind every songs. Chesters voice was very powerfull. Brads guitar riff was very simple, sometimes you dont have to create a hard guitar riffs to make a pretty good sound. Drum patter also was simple, imagine putting a heavy powerfull pattern or putting Lars Ulrich in the band. It will sound terrible.
    lpgreatfan
    linkin park is my favorite band... HYBRID THEORY = a great album, with great songs, like in the end, crawling, papercut. The best Of LP...
    lpgreatfan
    linkin park is my favorite band... HYBRID THEORY = a great album, with great songs, like in the end, crawling, papercut. The best of LP...