Hybrid Theory review by Linkin Park

• Released: Oct 24, 2000
Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory

Pretty sick album! First off all I can say is wow. An amazing start for Linkin Park. Every song to me has a deep meaning and awesome guitar riffs, vocals, and pretty good rap from Mike. How can you forget the incredible vocals by Chester. His voice really goes good with each song. He can pretty much go into any tone. In some songs he has a very mellow voice like Crawling for example and other songs he screams at the top of his lungs and still goes good with the music like One Step Closer for example. If you like nu metal music then Hybrid Theory is the album for you. Sick sound!

The lyrics were decent. I will give them that. However, in some songs they were repetitive and in other songs they were too soft like Crawling for example. Anyway, besides that the lyrics were really good. They were deep, meaningful, and full of energy. The songs In The End and Forgotten have the best lyrics in my opinion. In The End had very deep and meaningful lyrics and Forgotten had lyrics that were full of energy and at the same time very deep.

Overall I thought that Hybrid Theory was a great start for Linkin Park. The original versions of the songs on Hybrid Theory are way better than the remix versions of the songs on Reanimation. The most impressive songs off Hybrid Theory are In The End, Forgotten, Crawling, Pushing Me Away, Papercut, and Runaway. As I say with every CD I say that you should buy it again. You should want to do that for every good CD out there. I would care very deeply if I found out that one of my CD's were lost or stolen and I would spend everyday hunting down the theif. Anyway, awesome CD!

shadow__666
    This was the first album I ever bought with my own money. Even today I occasionally give it a run if I'm feeling extra angry.
    RED93
    01. Papercut - 9 02. One Step Closer - 10 03. With You - 9 04. Points Of Authority - 6 05. Crawling - 8 06. Runaway - 10 07. By Myself - 6 08. In The End - 8 09. Place For My Head - 8 10. Forgotten - 8 11. Cure For The Itch - 10 12. Pushing Me Away - 9 I prefer meteora
    psss
    i like this album. all the songs do kinda follow the same form though. and the lyrics are so bad there cringe worthy. good album though
    lpfan4ever
    Its the best album in history if you want my opinion. not a bad reveiw though.lp freakin rules!!
    Smithsc
    some of the worst stuff ive ever heard! uggghh god it sounds horrible!!!! I wish they would break up forever!!!