Live In Texas review by Linkin Park

• Released: Oct 31, 2003
Linkin Park: Live In Texas

A staple of any Great band is whether or not you sound as good live as you do on your CDs. "Live In Texas" shows that not only can Linkin Park sound as good but, in most cases, they sound better live than they sound on either "Hybrid Theory" or "Meteora". Every song comes across perfectly. From their opening song, "Somewhere I Belong", to their closing, "One Step Closer". Whether it's the DVD, which has 17 songs, or the CD, which has 12, the energy that this band brings is non-stop!

From "Somewhere I Belong" to "Figure.09" (one of 4 songs only heard on DVD) to "One Step Close" the lyrics come through loud and clear. In my opinion, the best song of the day is "P5hng Me A*wy", one of the songs not included on the CD. They revamped it in a way that still gave you the feel of the song but made it fresh and new. Mike Shinoda's raps are spot on throughout and Chester Bennington's vocals bring impaction. It is awesome to see these two individuals feed off of each other on stage.

The only negative that I have is that the CD is missing about 20 minutes of material that is on the DVD. With a run time of 40:41 minutes on the CD it could have easily included the missing song; "Don't Stay", "Figure.09", "With You", and "By Myself". "Live In Texas" gives a glimpse of a band that was on the edge of becoming a headlining act. Even though they have since recorded a second live CD-DVD combo, "Road to Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes",this one is, by far, the must have live album have for any Linkin Park fan.