Meteora review by Linkin Park

• Released: Mar 25, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Linkin Park: Meteora

Clearly, they did not spend a whole lot of time working on the music. You wanna know why? The music sounds the same. Hearing the same song 13 times in a row gets kind of annoying. And what in the hell are those headphones for that the guitar player wears? So someone backstage can tell him when to change chords? If so, he really doesn't need them because the guy only knows, what, 4 or 5 chords?

As established above, all Linkin Park did to make this album sound "new" was just put a few more scratches in and add different lyrics. And plus, how many times must they use the word "pain"? Half the lyrics are dominated by that word. Apparently, these guys also suck at writing lyrics too. They have no clue how to add voice and depth to a song. Speaking of voice, what is it with the lead singer? He sounds bad enough on the recordings, and he's even worse live. And that rapper guy sucks too. He doesn't even rap. He sounds like he's talking with a monotone.

"New album", my ass. I used to be so dedicated to Linkin Park, and now, everytime I so much as hear their name, I regret more and more liking them as much as I did. The major keys to being a successful musician are confidence, talent, originality, presence, and attitude, all of which Linkin Park lack. They wrote 80 songs for ONE ALBUM. Their lead singer sings off key, a lot. Their guitar player uses the same chords over and over again. They don't have a heavy, arena-filling, "ominous" presentation when they TRY to perform live. And they are whiny pricks. Example, the lead singer was "insulted" by Meteora's Grammy nomination for the instrumental "Session". What, is it because he's not in the studio torturing our eardrums? Hey, asshole, at least the CD somehow managed to be nominated for something. I hope that's a message to these guys to give it up. Okay, I'm just gonna get to the point now. This album sucked. Sucked, sucked, sucked. The only good songs are Numb and Somewhere I Belong. If I lost it, I would be so unbelievably happy. And if someone stole, I wouldn't care. Their brain cells would be the ones dying faster. What this all comes down to is Linkin Park "tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter". That song is a self-fulfilling prophecy made by the band. If they're not gone by 2005, I will be very surprised.