Meteora review by Linkin Park

• Released: Mar 25, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Linkin Park: Meteora

I can see how this type of music can appeal to such a large crowd in the fact that they use rock music with all-too-popular rap styles, but quite frankley the sound is exactly the same as before (which sucked). I saw them preform live a week ago and they cant preform worth crap. They were touring with Story of the Year, Hoobastank, and P.O.D., none of which I like, but I must say that they all did better than Linkin Park. None of their members possess talent. There are WAY better DJ's out there than Mr. friggin Han who they talk about so much. Drumming isn't anyhting special. No double bass or anything my drummer couldn't do. The bass is nothing, you wouldn't notice a thing if they cut it out completely. And the guitars...each song is composed of no more than 5 chords, no innovative or experimental playing what so ever, and worst of all, NO SOLOS. Probably just because they suck too bad to do a legitament solo. The only skill they have is as a group they put all this crap (and I mean absolute crap) together to make a listenable song.

The lyrics...shouldn't be lyrics. They're just like the last album once again. "Shut up when I'm talking to you" is the basic underlying (and sometimes not so hidden) message of each and every song. It's like I'm listening to the exact thoughts that went through my head when I was 6 years old and people were talking when I wanted to have my say. Shallow and immature summs up every word to this album.

Overall it sucked balls. I'll admit they have like 2 songs on here, max, that are somewhat catchy, but nothing I couldn't produce in my own room with my own guitar. Lyrically, I make more intellegence with my ass than what was shown on this album. Now I know someone out there (probably quite a few people actually) will disagree with what I am saying here, but $10 says they dont know how to play an instrument of their own and have never written a song before, thus explaining why they think Linkin Park is so good...which they are not...they suck...balls.