Meteora review by Linkin Park

• Released: Mar 25, 2003
Linkin Park: Meteora

Well, we all know with Chester's voice, that it is a great deep sound. Very hard metal sound, yet at the same time it crawls with the teenage angst our generation craves. The screams can be a little much at times, but hey, that is Linkin Park. The sound has definitely matured, and the producer is a genius.

The lyrics really captured me on this album. All of the songs I can listen to it seems like all day long. When I first got the album at Christmas, it was all that I listened to for days. "I'd get lost in the nothingness inside of me." Who writes that? Also, on the DVD that came with it (if you got that version), it shows how they worked on getting the lyrics to fit right with each song, and you can tell it does. Linkin Park is Linkin Park for their unmistakable lyrics.

Comparing this to their first album, it is better. The haunting melodies, macabre lyrics, transition from song to song, and Chester's piercing screams make this album a smash. Some of the songs I am thouroughly impressed with are (if I must choose) "Easier to Run," "From The Inside," and "Lying From You" would have to be my top 3. "Numb" follows close behind though. I would definitely buy it again if it was to become lost or stolen.