Meteora review by Linkin Park

• Released: Mar 25, 2003
Linkin Park: Meteora

Sound is great, I have to say, the band mixes rock with turntables and beats. With a bit of rap too. Bit like the first album but it's still a great sound. The guitarist uses a lot of pedals to get the effects but please. Turn up the bass. You can't hear it very good. Yeah, but it sounds great even if you can't tell whose playing what.

The lyrics are pretty repetitive, and gets really annoying. They seem to be toned down from the first album and when the rapper starts its sounds like he needs some red bull or something. The lead singers pretty good the screaming can be annoying tho. If you listen cloesly it has emo touches and is slightly nasally.

Overall I think they've pulled off a good album even for some of the bad parts. 01. Foreword - can't really say, its 13 seconds long and is just an intro, but it blends in good with the next song. 02. Don't Stay - pretty good, good be more inventive with the guitar 7/10. 03. Somewhere I Belong - best lyrics on the album I say, musics kinda dull during the verses, but the chorus is pretty good 8/10. 04. Lyin' From You - I think its a better guitar part than most of their other stuff. But it sounds a bit like a mix of Papercut and Points Of Authority. Lyrics are good, the way it's mixed, is okay but the bridge could have been better 8/10. 05. Hit The Floor - not a good song really, chorus is okay with the mix of screams and rapping. But there are too many effects 6/10. 06. Easier To Run - this is an okay lyrical song, music not so good, the guitarist has to find new riffs 7/10. 07. Faint - I like this one, the rapping in the verses is nice, but I don't like the strings in it. The chorus is great and so is the bridge. Drummer actually sounds good in this one 9/10. 08. Figure 09 - not a bad song, intro is kool with what I think is tapping with distortion. Verses are good sounding, bridge is okay, lyrics suck again tho 8/10. 09. Breaking The Habit - 2nd best lyrics. Nice touch with strings. Overall great song 10/10. 10. From The Inside - I like intro, verses are nice, whole songs okay tho. Nothing great, but it isn't bad 8/10. 11. Nobody's Listening - worst song, the rap touches were good in the other songs, but this whole song is basically rap with the beats and rapping verses and chorus. Hate this one 3/10. 12. Session - it's okay, nice instrumental 7/10. 13. Numb - good song, on radio alot. Lyrics are as good as LP can make em. Guitar is good touch even tho it isnt played as a lead part really, just punctuating the chorus. Song is great 9/10. Numb was a nice ending to the album. I've heard people say they sound the same. Yeah LP does, but whenever a Slipknot fan tells me that I wanna punch him. It's a great album if you haven't heard the 1st one, not as good as it could be tho.