Meteora review by Linkin Park

• Released: Mar 25, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Linkin Park: Meteora

I bought this 2 years ago. That was before I was introduced to better music. I was a fan since Hybrid Theory. I was young. They are a poser band. You can tell by watching their documentaries or something like that. LPTV. They talk like they know everything but they dont know anything. The whole album is pretentious. Hybrid Theory and Reanimation was OK. Meteora is totally pretentious. They talk like they started this music style. Limp Bizkit did the same style but came out before them. I remember going to their website once, before Meteora came out. And there was some music played on the intro page and it sounded exactly like a deftones riff. Ok, enough about them. Now, about the album. I cant believe they took such a long time to come up with this. They try to make it look different from their first album by adding the intro track so that they could have 13 tracks instead of 12. But the concept is the same. One catchy starting song, Don't Stay = Papercut. One instrumental song, Session = Cure For The Itch. The first single is the second song, Somewhere I Belong = One Step Closer. If you listen properly, you'll notice that the weird noise from Somewhere I Belong sounds like the intro riff for One Step Closer. If you watch their videos, you'll see Mike Shinoda playing the guitar when he's not singing just to show that he can play guitar. But he plays the same thing that the other guy is playing. I'm giving it a 3 cause its repetitive. It's just power chords or barre chords and a few riffs all the way. Just like Hybrid Theory.

Chester can't sing. You should watch them live. When they're live, he sings like a girl. But with the help of today's technology, all you need is good looks and a band, and you can be famous. Studio magic will handle the rest. There's nothing special about their lyrics. Its all the same stuff they always sing about in their first album. Boring. But I'm giving it a 6 for making many rhymes that goes with the music.

If you're like me, you wont like it. It is almost exactly the same as Hybrid Theory but they add a few weird noise to make it look original. If it were stolen, I wouldn't buy it again. I gave all my LP cds to my brother already. This band has no talent. Really. All the tracks sound so familiar. You have to admit this is the worst Linkin Park album ever. Don't let people buy this album after reading your glowing review. Be honest. Maybe some people will like this. Those who are really new and never heard any better music.