Meteora review by Linkin Park

• Released: Mar 25, 2003
Linkin Park: Meteora

In this latest CD of Linkin Park I find that it's one of their greatest ones yet. In this album they mix the songs tigether making it seem to the listners as if it were one huge song, that is if you're listening to the disc for the first time. The lyrics in this CD are more deep yet still maintain their style and the rap music is still there. The first impression I got when I first listened to the CD was the very subtle difference between songs. I'm a huge fan of Linkin Park, but I still prefer Hybrid Theory over Meteora. But the art and graffiti illustrated on both the cover of the album and on the disc itself is amazing. In the disc, there's a sort of DVD encoding which allows you to see the video for Somewhere I Belong, it also allows you to see how the graffiti art on the cover was made and by who, and the c. d also includes a link towards the Linkin Park Underground Fan Site. This site, I find, is just was Linkin Park fans want. It has everything from specials on the next Linkin Park concert, to sells on T-shirts and what nots. Overall I believe that the sound in this latest album released by Linkin Park is done increadably well and any who are fans of Linkin Park or simply wish to try something new for a change will enjoy this CD.

The lyrics in Meteora still follow their usual style but this time around they've also added a new style. It's more so rap and Chester sings in the backround and chorus. It's only one song but the song will catch you of guard since it's not usually what you're used to hearing from them. The lyrics and the music seem to mold themselves to each other in perfect sequance and I find that some of us can relate to some of the songs in the CD Chester and Mike, I find, have improved on their singing and make the disc sound even better than what some of us who had bought the Hybrid Theory CD think. Overall I think that the lyrics, although they follow their same writing style, is written in such a way that it makes you concentrate more on what they're saying than just the rhythm of the song alone.

My overall impression of Meteora is that I just love the CD. This CD just can't compare to anything else, that's how amazing I find it to be. I just find that I can relate to some of the songs, like Easier To Run, or Faint, or Numb. But all things have their faults, no? I still find that the song in which Mike sings most of the song in rap/verse is sort of boring. Maybe if they had changed the rythem of the song maybe I wouldn't find it so dull but other than that I find the CD to be one of my favorites. And if it were stolen/lost I'd definately buy it again and find the guy who stole it from me in the first place and kill him. But that's just me talking here. Overall I would definately recomend anyone to buy this CD, fan or not.

madbass
    Linkin Park was good when they came out, but now with all of their piece of s*** complication s*** they have been putting out these days, you might as well go get Eminem, tell em to piss in a pot, and sell the pot for $3.99 at your local Best Buy!!!
    bigredjj10
    WTF r u talking about, this album sounds way ****ing different from the first... sure it still sounds LIKE linkin park, but isnt it linkin park dumb****
    bigredjj10
    i think whoevever wrote those bull**** reviews where they rated them 2 are just dumb****s who just dont like the genre linkin park play in, they are ORIGINAL idiot....
    Uzi
    i think linkin park is overhated not overrated. yeah, they can be quite boring sometimes. but once a while they sound good.
    White And Nerdy
    They are very over-hated. Atleast on the internet it seems... This cd is awesome, "Don't Stay, Hit the Floor, Faint etc." It has some very awesome songs, and some that are just kinda boring to listen to.. I like it a little more then "Hybrid Theory" but barely..
    madbass
    jasonkan wrote: i dont see anything wrong this album. madbASShole.
    Yeah, you're right! I'm a big *****! But Linkin Park, along with the big wave of Nu-Metal sucks balls!