Meteora review by Linkin Park

• Released: Mar 25, 2003
Linkin Park: Meteora

Well this album uses pretty much the same formula as Hybrid Theory but just a little heavier but much more experimental which I like. Brad is using pretty much the same technique: power chords and octaves except for a few songs. Rob sounds alright but nothing special except in "Faint". Phoenix NEEDS to turn up the bass though, I mean Jesus, what is the point him being there if he's not going to make an audible contribution.

The lyrics here are much better than HT, for instance "Breaking The Habit" which is about drugs. Chester and Mike work together much better in this album. A perfect example would be at the bridge of "Figure.09". Numb also has very good lyrics but I'm not too sure about the video. Chester is more in this album. A few of the verses he fronts and Mike supports. It's hard to explain but if you listen to HT then Meteora you'll notice that Chester sings a lot more.

I am now going to review each song seperately: 01.Foreword: kind of pointless but leads nicely into track 2. 02.Don't Stay: heavy and lots of scratching, nice vocals and probably the first song to have no vocals from Mike. 9/10 03.Somewhere I Belong: a very well known song and I like it. I particularly like the guitar in the bridge because of the slides. 9/10 04.Lying From You: this song is amazing. Even though Brad uses power chords (again) they are actually good. 10/10 05.Hit The Floor: second worst track on the album. Kind of annoying really, especially the verse. Could be much better. 4/10 06.Easier to Run: very good and emotional. Mike's rap works really well and Chester is very good. 7/10 07.Faint: very fast and quite catchy. In the chorus it's quite hard to understand what Chester says in the "time won't heal" part. Brilliant nonetheless. 10/10 08.Figure.09: best song on the album. Hands down. Heavy and aggressive, Mike and Chester co-operate brilliantly here on the bridge. 09.Breaking The Habit: heavily electronica influenced. Good vocal delivery and the best lyrics of the album. 9/10 10.From the Inside: good song, similar to Easier to run though. 8/10 11.Nobody's Listening: different but aweful. Chester's harsh singing in the chorus does not fit in with the flute and hip-hop style verses. Worst song on the album. 2/10 12.Session: my 2nd favourite LP instrumental after Wake. I particularly like the drums in this. 7/10 13.Numb: I used to love this song but not so much now. It is still brilliant, similar to Pushing Me Away and Crawling though. 9/10.

Harry_66
    Brad Delson is an awewsome player with an unique sense for rythm. And if you doubt of his knowledge of music you should check the column he used to write for some shitty yankee magazine. Mother****ing northamericans. you dont even appreciate your own musicans.
    shelovemyguitar
    After meteora they said they wanted to change their style because their old one was supposedly to easy to copy. So they changed to the shitty mainstream radio pop music you can hear everywhere. Good job LP. This band doesn't not exist for me anymore...