Minutes to Midnight review by Linkin Park

• Released: May 11, 2007
Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight

The sound of the album is almost a complete change from their previous works, but that doesn't mean that it is bad. I grew up listening to Linkin Park and it is safe to say that I was slightly disappointed atthe change. I expect the heavier sound reflective of Hybrid Theory or more over Meteora. But as I listened, I came to realise that this sound may be different, but it is by no means worse.

The lyrics are still Linkin Park through and through, and Chester's vocals are amazing! The lyrics fit the sound almost to a tee and show elements of the fun side of Linkin Park, and also the serious side. Well done guys. I wish I could write like you.

Just as the band has been saying in the weeks leading up o it's release, 'Minutes To Midnight' is definately a different album altogether. One major element that stood out for me is the evolution the band has undertaken. There is less anger in this album and a lot more meaning, with songs like Hands Held High and Shadow Of The Day causing you to stop and think about yourself. The earlier tracks of the CD I found more appealing but this album can definately cater for whatever mood your in, be it sad, confused or angry. Even with the option of downloading the entire album prior to it's release here in Australia, I still chose to wait and purchase the album from my local music store, and I will definately not hesitate to buy it again in the event of losing it. I've even gone so far as to backing it up onto my computer so I don't scratch the CD from overplaying. I haven't stopped listening since I bought it. Great job again guys. When you comin Down Under?