Minutes to Midnight review by Linkin Park

• Released: May 11, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight

I think it's quite interesting. they have a new sound on themselves. Initially I must say I was very excited when I heard about the album. I expected all those good songs like In The End, Numb etc. But this album is quite different. It's quite peaceful. The first track they aired "What I've Done" was quite new in a way. They have Made their music more soothing to the ear now.

Overall stuff I mean the lyrics are good. It goes well with the music. Chester has gone more into a singing mood than rather what he used to do before. Mike Shinoda is not rapping so much which I dint like. But they have kept their heads high and made something new which is a good thing.

Some songs which I liked were "What I've done", "Shadow of the Day", "Valentines Day", "In Pieces". But I'm Afraid to say that as a whole I was disappointed. I have a friend who dint like LP because of Mike's rapping. He thinks that rock should be kept rock n not rap. After this release he was quite happy. But to my opinion and a real fans's opinion it's not what they expected out of the album. I expected a lot more considering that they had been working on the album since a year and half. The lost the emoness the rap Shinoda gave to the music. So if you want to know what what I love about it it gotta be the lyrics. But I hate it that there's no rap. As a whole I think that I don't like the new "avatar" that LP have brought with them. I don't think I'll buy a CD if it gets lost because it's not what I wanted from them.

paulsild
    The screaming in Given Up is real, cuz he also screams for that long Live in AOL Sessions...But anyway the album is just great, im lovin it..=)
    PUNISHER210
    guys come on it soundid good with chesetr and mike like thy use to but on this cd thy only use mike in two songs i was mad to hear that!!!!!=(
    PUNISHER210
    it is ok but dont like it as much as there 1 and 2 cd!!!!! p.s i hear there is a rumer that thy fierd mike does any one know if that is true
    Fldon9
    I dont think it was bad at all. I just preferred the stuff from their previous albums, like Hybrid Theory and Meteora).
    dude488
    i only like 2 songs. Bleed it Out and Hands Held High. the rest is just not linkin park. they changed too much.
    rik23
    OMG i LISTENED TO THIS ALBUM THE FIRST TIME WHILE READING THE LYRICS THEN LISTENED TO IT AGAIN AND PUT IT AWAY NOT THINKING MUCH OF MOST OF IT. I THEN lISTENED TO IT TODAY (3 DAYS LATER) AND ITS AMAZING!! EVERYONE SHOULD READ THE LYRICS AND LISTEN TO IT AT LEAST THREE TIMES WITHOUT ANY EXPECTATIONS.
    rik23
    "Given up" is awesome, Well done LP great to hear a daring change, shame some fans keep talking about the past ( Metora , Hybrid Theory) but we all move on and progress at some point. Excellent. See you on Tour!
    Msu_Man04
    Well, i just got this album today, and im listening to it right now... What I've Done is good, so's Bleed It Out, but im afraid of the direction they are taking... its a little too soft for my tastes. Ill have to listen to more of the album.
    Amuro Jay
    Jasedavis
    they stepped away from what everyone knew linkin park was. they literally reinvented the band. I LOVED them before this album but after I heard the whole album I completely understood the depth of the band was more than hate and agression they have an emotional side that they show from beginning to end in this album. I believe it's their best album to date. Dissappointed HELL NO if anything I see it as a point they grew up and showed a mature side. I like the sound. It's like they stepped away from who they were to show who they are. Cant wait for the next album they just keep getting better. As far as Mike only rapping on 2 songs I see it as he broke off to do Fort Minor and now he's stepping back some to do some of the writing and music to give the band a more agressive sound hello they were stepping away from what everyone knew linkin park was to show who linkin park is. of course you'd have to get the version with the DVD to understand that quote. AWESOME ALBUM compaired to the other umm 5 albums a 10 on my list
    colourlesseyes
    i liked this CD a whole bunch. it had its ups and downs. but so did all their other CD's. but over all. linkin parks my favorite band. they are inspirational. and alot of you guys are saying they suck and stuff. but hey, id say they are pretty succsessful, with their own tour. and being one of the biggest nu metal bands in history. rock on LP. keep making good music.
    Thom Yorke
    It's alright but it really feels like something is missing. What I've Done is the only track that really stands out for me. The others are good but they just don't quite work for me. I think it's their best album yet though as I'm not a huge LP fan but they're persuading me to be.
    con job
    jetfuel495 wrote: mike only raps in 2 tracks of this album, but he does a hell of a job on them. some of his best rhymes yet.
    Hands Held High is incredible.....
    TOB00
    GUITAR SOLOS WOOT. two of my fave things finally came together, solos and linkin park. Brad is finally realizing himself as a guitarist. SOLOS!!!!!