Minutes to Midnight review by Linkin Park

• Released: May 11, 2007
Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight

The impression that the band's sound and music gives me is that they have really started to try and make a difference with thier music, The music on this album compare to there older albums is totally different because the music on Minutes to Midnight isn't as heavy as some of the older songs. Overall the sound and music of the CD is really good and is a change for linkin park but a good change.

My overall impressions of the lyrics is that are excelent because they have more depth and meaning to them than linkin park's older lyrics. This lyrics that they have done go very well with the music that they have writen. Also the lyrics are go very well with what is happening in the world today. Chester Bennington, the lead singer has advanced with the ranch of his voice and he no long only does the heavier parts of the songs. Mike Shinoda has also advanced his singing skills even though he doesn't sing that much on this album.

I would say compared to thier older albums this is the bext album they have done becasue they have changed the range of thier songs and they have added more tmeaning to thier lyrics. The most impressive songs on this album would be Hands Held High and Given Up. If for some reason I no longer had a copy of this CD I would most definatly buy it again. The thing that like the bext about this album is that they have put more meaning into their lyrics and that Mike has comcentrated more on the instrumental side of things. The thing that I dislike about this album is that Mike has a great voice yet he doesn't sing that much on this album.