Minutes to Midnight review by Linkin Park

• Released: May 11, 2007
Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight

Linkin park. Minutes to midnight. Linkin parks seventh cd. It took them over a year to create this album, over double the time it took them to create any other CD previously. The bands sound on this album varies a lot. It goes from Chester Bennington screaming and pouring his heart out to him singing melodic ballads and on again to the rapping of Mike Shinoda. This album is similar to the bands other albums in that some tracks are fast and the electric guitar sound is very heavy and others are slow and melodic.

The band use very strong lyrics in all their songs and always have done although this time there is more swearing. Mike's rap lyrics indicate that he feels hard done by and is angry at rich people and at businessmen. This is because he comes from a very poor background. A lot of the lyrics are directed at lovers in tracks such as leave out all the rest and no more sorrow. The music suits the lyrics well in terms of tempo, dynamics etc. The singing is good but I think Chester should go easy on the screaming a little as he has a good voice.

This album is very good but it is repetitive and short. My favourite songs from the CD would be What I've Done, Bleed It Out, Hands Held High and No More Sorrow. I really like Mike's rapping but I hate it when Chester screams lust for the sake of being loud. If I lost the CD I wouldn't rush out to buy it but if I saw it at a cheap price I would re-buy it.

aenimafist
    this album sucks schitt. Total waste of money. I really like their other albums though. I hate to say it but Rick Rubin failed here.
    ender_1017
    i don't know bout you guys... but i just think, if you call yourselves a 'huge fan' of the band, no matter how they revolutionize their music, you'd appreciate it. So to those who keep on saying "i used to" stuffs, you never really liked nor appreciated LP's music. So CUT D CRAP! Only true BELIEVERS of LP see and appreciate the beauty in their every song. And one more thing, CHESTER really is ONE OF THE GREATEST VOCALISTS ever known in their genre. It's not always just about the rhythm and all; it's also about how the vocalist sings the song. And it's just not fair to bluntly say that Chester's not a good one. In fact, it's his voice that really adds something to their songs. His voice is like, really expressing deep stuffs...(emotions & all).... that's all... i just can't stand all these guys sayin' all those crap... >>au revoir
    Thom Yorke
    When I originally posted a comment I said I thought it was pretty average. Having listened several more times I realise it's a very easy album to listen to several times. I listen to at least a track from it on shuffle every day and never skip them. They've all grown on me. Particularly 'Leave Out All The Rest' and 'No More Sorrow'.
    whitesizzle
    this was a great album. i know most people are going to be turned off by it because it has less rap, more rock, but u have to listen to it without thinking it is linkin park. As a pure record, this is one of the greatest i have ever heard. the problem most people are having is that they are putting the cd in and going, okay time to listen to linkin park. Don't do that with this cd, put it in, and just listen. You will be MUCH happier with the album that way. It's the reason it grows on you, because you have to get over the fact that its not the old styles of linkin park. Every song on this album has its own unique reason to love it, just listen.
    White And Nerdy
    It's an okay record, If it had some more heavy songs it'd been better IMO. But yeah I didn't like the CD at first, does grow on ya a-bit. I would give this CD a 7/10
    gareno
    at first when i listened to the album i thought it sucked but after i listened to the songs a couple times i really liked them
    coolio9
    Minutes to Midnight is nothing like their old stuff, and in that it is also a great cd. The song, "Leave out all the rest" is probably the one song that made me think that the band as a whole has matured and has had more experiences in life. That's why i think their music has changed in a positive way.