Minutes to Midnight review by Linkin Park

• Released: May 11, 2007
Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight

After listening to this album, all I have to say is "wow". Linkin Park (acumpanied with my musical tastes) has taken a turn in the right direction. Whether it's the industrial rock sound of "given up" or the hit pop single "What I've Done", I was more than impressed. Although, there are some downfalls. Mike Shinoda was barely in the album. And what I really noticed is that the guitarist hasn't improved since live in Texas. Stick to "A Place For My Head", you were actually good in that!

It seems that with Mike gone, Chester improves! Chester is not only better at writing lyrics, he also doesn't have that whiney voice anymore. Compared to his preveius songs (as far as lyrics and his voice goes)I would pay big money to have Chester totally re-do the Hybrid theory and Meteora.

I, personally, love the new Linkin park. I almost regret having all that rap stuff on my mp3's. Now I don't have to (I also regret that the only rap I'd listened to was from a white guy who didn't even have a rap group, so he had to be with Linkin Park. Kinda pathetic). Overall, I think that this album was a work of genius, but I have to say, it does get old after a while, so don't over whatch you're live in Texas vids!

ch3z-zY
    a lot of people disliked the new album...hopefully when linkin park realizes that they will return to their old sound...
    Trapper33
    This record is exceptionally well produced, i think that the lyrics represent how far Lp has actually matured. The lyrics are thought provoking and tackle some of todays tough issues. The sound is great, the album has a great mix of rock and rap that give it flow. Just because its not constantly loud dosesn't make it crap it gives u a chance to listen to the actual lyrics and some of the instruments. I dont think this album can be considered mainstream, Lp still keeps there distinctiveness through this record. I think this is their best album it ROCKS!!
    sazzelfm
    I've been a fan of Linkin Park for ageeees. Hybrid Theory was the first rock/metal/whatever album I ever heard and it got me into all that kind of music. I loved Meteroa as well, so I was really excited when I first brought M2M. And to be honest, I was really dissapointed when I heard it. Given Up was amazing, but it gave me a false hope that the rest of the songs would be as heavy. The rest of the album just seemed really boring. After leaving it aside for ages, I listened to it again and it really started to grow on me. Chester really gets to show off his voice, although I miss the whole rap and singing mix. I didn't like Hands Held High; it was boring and made me laugh. I'm not too fond of the last song either. But the rest of the songs really grew on me, (even though Valentines Day is a little annoying after a while.) I like this album, but I don't like it as a Linkin Park album (if that makes sense?) I want their next one to be heavier...like their previous ones. End of Essay
    j-walk
    It seems like every bands second album is there best - linkin park, system, alexis. And no one sings better then maynard, end of story!