Minutes to Midnight review by Linkin Park

• Released: May 11, 2007
Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight

If you're looking for the same stuff as Linkin Parks old stuff, you know, the whole rock/rap combo this album might not rock out for you. At first when I got this album I thought it was alright, nothing to special but the more I listened to it I noticed this album is still rocking hard. Their sound is totally different from their old stuff but not worst, it's still an awesome album you gotta appreicate for what it is. It's got some quite catchy stuff in there which is great to play guitar to or rock hard to. It's got quite a lot of softer toned music in there compared to their previous albums but, change is good.

Chester's and Mike's voices are totally wickid! Chester has such an amazing voice and in this album he prooves he can sing and rock. Mike has a bit of a rapper voice which really does suit the music like in track 7 "Hands Held High" which puts the listiner in a whole new experience. Some of the lyrics has a political reflection on them which really adds to the whole new scene Linkin Park is in from this album. Every line has a point to it and it isn't just there cause it rhymes, awesome liyrics.

An awesome, different album for Linkin Park. I like every track except the one or two which are just to soft and slow for me. Comparing it to their older stuff is pretty hard. If you want a bit heavier buy one of their older albums if you want a bit softer but still be able to rock get this. If you want both, get both. I love the whole new look Linkin Park has put itself into by releasing this which has some awesome tracks. I just hate how some of the tracks are just too slow for me. Inside the booklet you get a real brief comment on the song which tells you what it's about. I'd buy it again. Awesome album!

ozzybob
    i don't understand why people are so surprised when they listen to the album that it is so different. they were talking about it for months before the album was released that it was going to be a totally different direction and now people are all upset once they listen to the album. i knew it was going to be different once i listened to it and at first, i thought the album was o.k. but i listened to it more and it started to grow on me. even though linkin park doesn't do anything too fancy with their music (guitar solos or anything like that) they are still amazing musicians and know how to make good music
    Fatally Jon
    "Bleed It Out" is, like, the worst song in the universe. It doesn't go anywhere. Because the drums are so constant, the song is just flat and boring. And it's as repetitive as a Fall Out Boy song.
    MagicFingersJCC
    a list of my favourite bands 1. Dream Theater 2. Tool 3. Muse . . . . . . . . . . . 3567. Blink 182 3568. Hilary Duff 3569. Linkin Park (are shit)