Minutes to Midnight review by Linkin Park

• Released: May 11, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight

In all honesty the sound was okay. There was no reason to complain about the sound. Chester and Mike sounded good on the vocals and everything else sounded good. I just didn't like the material itself. I wasn't into the soft rock and What I've Done just isn't that good of a song. The other two albums were dynamite though. The guitarist, um, Phoenix, is that it? He needs to play more solo-y stuff instead of relying on drop Db to get by.

I was so engulfed in how much I didn't like the music I wasn't paying much attention to the lyrics. Let me read them real quick, okay. The words were okay, really. I am shocked however that they made swearing a part of the regime because that will only cause them to lose sales. The vocals were actually better than the music itself. This album may have worked better 100% accoustic.

I'm sorry Rick Rubin. You're one of the best, but here you kind of failed. Good luck with the next Slipknot though. I think this was a waste of my money. If you haven't already bought the other two Linkins, get them first. If you don't like them, then get this one. If you do like them, leave this on alone. This album didn't get very good reviews on AMG and I am afraid I agree with their rating overall.