Minutes to Midnight review by Linkin Park

• Released: May 11, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 1 Junky
Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight

Linkin Park has finally released a new album. Usually, when bands progress, they get even better than before. However, this is not the case with Linkin Park's new failure "Minutes To Midnight." Every song on this album has an incredibly predictable structure. Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, chorus, chorus, slow part (instrumental), and then even more of the chorus. Now, this wouldn't neccessarily be bad, if the chorus was interesting. Songs such as "Bleed it Out" are borderline torcherous. The instrumentals themselves have suffered as well. One song opens with the most drawn out, dul guitar riff. The guitar alternates between two notes, somewhat slowly, and the other instruments come in slowly as well. I see what sound or feel they were going for, an epic build up of sorts. But, all they managed to produce was a bland, tedious track in this case. The entire album feels like this, bland.

Ah, the lyrics. I could go on for days of how dreadfully awful these lyrics are. They actually sound like something a preteen cutter would write. They are very, very typical words and rhymes, and overused themes. The singer himself though, does a great job. Sounding like he always had, which in a way is bad, and in a way is good. The terrible lyrics fit the terrible music.

This album really disappointed me. I was hoping for at least one or two good tracks off of it, but that didn't come anywhere close to happening. Instead, we're fed what can only be described as regurgitated pop/emo garbage. If it were stolen or lost, I would feel sorry for the person stealing it.

Phe4rTheGod
    ah...good ol LP...trust a review on this to start some fire... i think to enjoi something as horrible as LP you first need to stop listening to the music, first off, and then melt your brain with lots of rap music...THEN it may sound decent... jk...it would still suck...
    ShatterSpirit
    qwerty_555 wrote: and emo? lp are NOT emo...their lyrics r deep...but not emo
    Deep? Since when can shitty, angst filled lyrics be called Deep? They are definitely 100% Emo.